Shipping an Asphalt Paver
To safely and quickly ship an asphalt paver, you should hire a reliable transport company. This transport company should offer heavy equipment shipping services, meaning they’ll have all the right shipping technology and equipment to safely transport the asphalt paver.
There are other qualities the shipping company should also have including:
- They have a proven history and a positive reputation in the transport industry
- Their professionals are trained and licensed
- They carry at least the minimal amount of insurance coverage allowed
- They are BBB and DOT approvals
- They have various shipping services and features to accommodate your needs
- When shipping internationally, they have the professionals available to help you abide by the foreign import policies
- They have successfully completed many heavy equipment deliveries before
- They are familiar with asphalt pavers, how they function and how they must be secured for their transport
- Their customer service representatives are friendly and helpful, always available when you need them for a question or concern
When you find a transporter that carries the right qualities and characteristics, you’re helping to guarantee a smoother, less stressful transport.
About Open Air Shipping Methods for Heavy Equipment
There are several different types of open air transport methods usually the one best for your asphalt paver will depend greatly on the distance of travel between Point A and Point B. Another factor in the open air method of transport used is whether or not the paver is operational. Once the transport company knows more details about your paver, they’ll have more ability to help you decide on the best method of open air transport. However, if the asphalt paver is in need of ground transport, it’ll typically be secured to an open framed trailer which is then hauled by a freight truck. If you are shipping overseas, expect the paver to be secured to a flatbed ship for its travels.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.