Shipping Methods and Services for a Boat
It’s essential to know all your shipping methods and options for delivering a boat before you decide how you would like it shipped. Nearly every transport company is different but there are only so many ways to ship a boat safely to its destination whether by ground or sea.
Customer service representatives for the shipping company should have the ability to breakdown each shipping method and service they offer for those looking to ship a boat nationally or internationally.
- Lift On/ Lift Off – A crane is used to lift and lower the boat onto the ship transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck will secure the yacht for its delivery process.
- Roll On/ Roll Off – This is the least expensive and most common way to ship a water vessel and other large motorized vehicles. A cradle attached to the hauling vessel will help keep the boat secure during its travels.
- Flat Rack – Large boats are usually transported through this method. The flat rack method is an open air delivery method for the boat and other water vessels. The vessel is secured on top of a customized cradle.
- Containerized – This is one of the safest forms of transport, protecting the boat from all outside elements. However, most boats are too large to take advantage of this method.
- Submersion – The boat will stay semi-submerged in the water as it is safely pulled to the carrier ship owned by the transport company. The vessel transporting it will then use durable transport equipment and technology to lift the boat aboard. Once it is boarded, it is fastened to the freight ship.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?