Shipping More Than One Car: Cost
Just like any other service or product, it’s more cost-effective on a per car basis when you ship more than one. That’s not to say it’s cheap–it isn’t–but there are savings to be had if you plan accordingly and ship multiple cars at the same time. Let’s go into some detail on why this is the case.
Most auto shippers won’t start their delivery route until the carrier is at or near full capacity. This makes sense because company’s profit margins are reliant on delivering full truckloads, even if it’s in different places throughout the United States. With a full carrier, it’s much easier to plan shipment routes based on where each car is going. Believe it or not, this aspect of shipping cars is one of the most important and makes up much of the planning stage for carriers.
Once a driver has a full shipment of vehicles to deliver, the most efficient deliver path is charted for each one and then consolidated into an overall logistics plan for that cargo load. It works much the same way for shipping other items around the world, whether it’s TVs, cars, or household goods.
When you ship more than one car at a time, you’re actually helping the driver to fill the truck, which is why there is generally a discount associated with it. While it may cost $700 to ship a car from a coastal state to the Midwest, two cars along the same route would total less than $1,400 in most cases.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods Of Saving Money When Shipping Multiple Cars
By shipping more than one car at once, you’re already in a good position to save some money on transport costs. That said, there are some other avenues for savings that should not be overlooked. In this section, we’ll review a few of the most common discounts and deals offered by shippers that haul multiple vehicles.
- Booking – If you are able to book both ends of shipment ahead of time, that is another great way to save money. Shippers appreciate the longer lead time and it’s more convenient for you since you don’t have to worry about starting from scratch if you’re shipping back to the same location.
- Discounts – There are a number of discounts offered by auto shippers, including some you may qualify for without even knowing. Many companies offer discounts to members of the military, AAA members, students, first-time shippers, snowbirds and many more. Make sure you ask about discount programs when inquiring about prices. You can view our discounts and specials by clicking here.
Call us today to learn how we can help save you money when shipping multiple cars! Whether you need transport across the state, country or globe, we have an affordable way to get you there! All price quotes are FREE!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory