The cost to Ship a BMW.
Whether you own a BMW or another type of luxury automobile, odds are that you chose that car for a reason. You probably value the level of performance and comfort afforded by a car of its caliber and, as such, you want to take steps to make sure it’s protected during shipping. On this page, we’ll break down the costs and options of shipping a BMW, as well as why you may opt for one method over the other.
Enclosed BMW Shipping.
It goes for most luxury and performance cars that they transported in an enclosed shipping container. While the open-air transport method is always an option, it does come with the potential risk of being exposed to the elements, bad weather, and various types of dust and debris from many miles on the highway.
An advantage of using the enclosed shipping method is that the level of care and protection is of the highest level. Rather than ship 6 to 12 cars on an open carrier, enclosed trucks ship no more than 4, and usually just two at a time. Additionally, the car is completely covered for the entirety of the trip so there’s no need to worry about security, bad weather, or damage from road debris that can occasionally occur during long shipments.
Door-to-door Car Shipping.
Door to door transport is an option you might want to consider when shipping a high-end or luxury vehicle. The advantages of using door-to-door shipping is that the car is delivered directly to its final destination. There is no layover at a shipping terminal and no storage required—it’s quite simply the most convenient way to ship a car and one that BMW owners tend to favor.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The key attraction to using door-to-door transport over shipping to a terminal is that it offers more protection and individualized care. There are typically fewer cars on a truck delivering door to door, generally because these type of shipments are made on the smaller, enclosed carriers.
Other Factors That Affect BMW Shipping Prices.
Outside of the options listed above, the other main thing that will affect the cost of shipping a BMW is the distance it’s being transported. This probably comes as no surprise since this holds true for all types of shipments, whether it’s a care package or a vehicle. To give you a more firm idea of what price to expect when shipping a BMW, here are some recent figures for clients we’ve helped.
Cost Of Shipping A BMW.
- Los Angeles, CA to Miami, FL – $1,271
- Seattle, WA to Boston, MA – $1,304
- Richmond, VA to Denver, CO – $990
- Dallas, TX to Minneapolis, MN – $624
- St. Louis, MO to Missoula, MT – $902
- New York, NY to Kansas City, MO – $763
If you’re considering shipping a BMW anywhere within the U.S. or internationally, give us a call to find out how we can help! All of our estimates are 100% FREE, no strings attached! We can be reached by calling the number at the top of the page or through our online contact form!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?