Cost to Ship a Golf Cart Overseas
Regardless of the type of vehicle you ship, it’s a little more complicated when you ship overseas. As you can imagine, the logistics are a little more complex since a boat (or plane) is involved and then there’s the matter of import taxes in the country you’re shipping to. On this page, we’ll address those issues, as well as some common questions we hear from customers shipping golf carts to another country.
Overseas Shipping Basics – The main thing that may add to the cost of shipping a golf cart to another country is getting it to a port. If you live in Baltimore or Los Angeles, that’s probably an easy thing to accommodate, but it may be different if you live far away from a shipping port. Make sure you factor in the cost of getting the golf cart to the port, as well as the cost of shipping by boat.
Fortunately, shipping a golf cart is relatively inexpensive compared to other types of vehicles to the cost to ship it to a seaport shouldn’t add significantly to the overall price. What could, however, add to the price is the cost of import taxes, which we’ll look at in the next section.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Understanding International Import Taxes
Import taxes have to be paid to any country you ship a vehicle, whether it’s a golf cart for personal use or a different type of utility vehicle for professional purposes. The catch—and it’s a big one—is that import taxes vary from country to country, sometimes drastically.
Import taxes or duties are usually based on the value of the vehicle being imported. Another catch to look out for here is that the value is sometimes determined by the importing country. What this means is that a golf cart you paid $5,000 for could be valued (and therefore taxed) at $7,000.
One of the most important things you’ll need to understand before shipping a golf cart internationally is that there are required import documents. There is some overlap in what’s required, but different countries can have drastically different limitations and taxes on what can be imported. Making sure you have all the proper paperwork in order is an important first step in this process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory