Enclosed Auto Transport Services
A-1 Auto Transport offers top-of-the line enclosed auto transport and car shipping services! Whether you need a vehicle moved across the state, country or even internationally, A-1 Auto Transport offers an easy solution. Having connections to all the leading carrier authorities, we ensure your auto ships in a timely and secure fashion. With the added level of protection and security that only comes with enclosed auto transport, you can rest assured your car will arrive safe and sound.
Your car is important, and shipping an automobile can be a stressful experience. Especially for those doing this for the first time! Choosing to have your auto transported in an enclosed carrier is ideal for anyone first and foremost concerned about safety.
For that reason those with high-end, luxury vehicles, exotic sport cars, vintage hotrods, and antique autos prefer enclosed carriers over alternative shipping methods. Whether your everyday vehicle or a valuable one-of-a-kind restoration, closed container shipping with A-1 Auto Transport provides the most sensible and affordable option.
Enclosed Auto Transport Examples
|St. Louis, MO to Kansas City, KS||$560-$1120||248||2-4|
|Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL||$590-$1150||282||2-4|
|Las Vegas, NV to Salt Lake City, UT||$790-$1200||421||2-4|
|New York, NY to Indiana, IN||$850-$1550||708||3-5|
|Phoenix, AZ to Denver, CO||$900-$1600||865||3-5|
|Los Angeles, CA to Dallas, TX||$995-$1900||1436||4-6|
|Louisiana to Montana||$1510-$1930||1854||5-7|
|Oklahoma City, OK to Portland, OR||$1560-$1950||1909||5-7|
|California to Delaware||$1700-$2600||2849||5-7|
|Seattle, WA to Miami, FL||$1730-$2700||3298||7-9|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
- *Prices can vary depending on the availability of enclosed carriers in your area.
Why Use Covered Car Shipping Carriers?
The primary advantage of using covered auto shipping over other options (such as open carrier transportation) is it provides the highest level of security and protection. Not only is the vehicle safeguarded from weather, rocks and other road debris that may be kicked up by the road, it will also be out of view from prying eyes. Should your vehicle be transported over land, the enclosed carrier prevents any unwanted passersby from tampering with or having access to it. This is especially important when shipping high value, rare or classic cars.
With well over half a million cars stolen annually in the United States, and $4.5 billion lost as a result, any extra security that can be provided is a good investment when considering an auto transport service. Even with existing auto insurance in place - an absolute must when shipping your car - haggling with an insurance company over a claim is a headache. Avoid all that by using a highly competent, professional vehicle transport service like A-1. We are one of the leading auto transport carrier companies for a reason!
In the event that you do want the shipped vehicle insured privately, using an shipping service often times can actually lower your premium. Insurance companies are aware that enclosed shipping is the safest way to get an auto from point A to point B with little risk of damage or theft. In fact, many companies that insure auto shippers will offer a discount to companies that use trucks for transport and, in turn, pass that savings along to you.
Different Types of Enclosed Carriers
While enclosed carriers offer a secure environment for the vehicles they transport, there are several types to choose from including single and multi-car carriers and you will need to determine which one works best for you.
Single Enclosed Car Trailer
A single car trailer can haul one car and it is usually only used for local or short distance relocation. These enclosed trailers are usually reserved only for extremely valuable, high-end luxury cars, exotic cars, race cars and other valuable cars that need to be delivered quickly. One car will fit inside a single level enclosed trailer.
In some instances, you can find single car carriers with padded interiors to offer more protection during delivery. This is not a common occurrence however, so if you need a padded carrier, you need to request one early so the agent can locate one that can be in your area to pick the car up when needed.
Multi-Car Enclosed Trailer
A multi-car enclosed trailer can haul one or more cars and the trailer often comes as a double decker where two levels of cars can be stacked. Just as the single enclosed car trailer is, multi car trailers are reserved for expensive vehicles and the fact that they are enclosed on all sides prevents the cars from being exposed to the elements during shipment.
Why Enclosed Transport Is More Expensive
If you have priced enclosed auto transport and compared the rates with open auto transport services, you probably noticed that enclosed transport costs more. There are a few reasons for this.
- One reason that enclosed auto transport is more expensive than open auto transport is that there are fewer enclosed auto carriers available on the road. Most of all auto transport carriers are open carriers and they are easy to book for fast shipment. With fewer enclosed carriers available, there are often waiting lists for service depending on where in the country you are located.
- Shipping with enclosed transport usually means that the company or driver has offered a guaranteed delivery date whereas with open transport, you may need to wait several days or even weeks longer for delivery. You get a higher level of personal attention for your car when you use enclosed auto transport services.
- Many drivers who deliver motor vehicles own their own carriers and open carriers are cheaper to buy than enclosed carriers. Due to the cost, there are fewer enclosed carriers available.
- Enclosed carriers simply cannot compete with open carriers when it comes to the number of vehicles that can be hauled at one time. When an enclosed carrier may have anywhere from one to four cars loaded for delivery, an open carrier can haul up to nine or ten cars at one time. This means that even when a customer pays a higher fee for delivery with enclosed services, the driver and company are making less money because fewer vehicles can be loaded for delivery.
- Weather can play a big factor in cost with enclosed auto transport. If you are shipping during the winter in areas where there may be snow and ice on the ground there is a chance that many roadways may be closed for safety reasons and if so, this can cause the rate to increase.
Open vehicle transport is safe, but if you can spare the money for enclosed auto transport and you own an expensive luxury or exotic car or a rare, collectible, classic or antique car, enclosed is the best way to ship the car.
Why You Will Love Enclosed Auto Transport
There are many reasons that our customers love enclosed auto transport, and if you have a car that needs added protection during relocation, you’re going to love it as well.
Guaranteed Pickup and Delivery Dates
With enclosed auto transport, you can have guaranteed pickup and delivery dates, so you will know when your car will be picked up and delivered. If anything occurs on the route that would create a delay, you will be contacted immediately.
Open auto carriers do not have hydraulic lifts which are necessary to load and unload vehicles that have low ground clearance. Enclosed carriers are the only carriers that have hydraulic lifts to ensure your undercarriage is safe when the car is loaded or unloaded.
You will be able to contact the driver directly, so you can stay on top of everything about the delivery of your car.
We offer real time tracking that you can check on your computer, Smartphone or other internet capable device.
Higher Insurance Coverage
All motor vehicles are covered during auto transport, but when you have a very expensive car to ship and you use enclosed shipping services, the coverage amounts may be higher than if you were to use open transport. Be sure to inquire about the insurance coverage amount when you get your quote and book service.
White Glove Service
When we say ‘white glove service’ we mean it! Many of our drivers will put on the gloves to make sure your vehicle arrives with no dust or dirt just as it was when it was loaded for delivery.
Benefits of Covered Shipping
- A stress-free shipping experience with a trusted and accountable auto shipping leader
- Protection against inclement weather during transport
- Ensure the safety of your vehicle’s body and paint from dust, dirt and road debris
- Additional theft protection; an important consideration for valuable vehicles
- Safeguard the value of your vehicle throughout the shipping process
Related Information & FAQ
- Should I ship my vehicle enclosed?
- Why use enclosed car transportation services?
- Cost of enclosed auto transport
- Enclosed car transport delivery times
- Open air vs enclosed shipping methods
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVsBest Door to Door Exotic Car Transport ServicesBest Enclosed Exotic Car Shipping ServicesBest Exotic Car Shipping RatesBoats & Yachts (Overseas)Car and Motorcycle National Transportation ServicesCar Delivery ServicesCar Pick-Up And Delivery ServiceCar TransportationClassic & Antique CarsDaily Direct Motorcycle TransportDoor To Door, Pickup DropoffElectric Auto Transport ServicesEnclosed / CoveredFor DealersFreight Shipping & Heavy Cargo TransportGolf CartsHeavy Vehicle TransportHot Rod Auto TransportInternational / RoRoInterstate Car TowingJet Ski Shipping & Transport ServicesLong Distance Moving ServicesLuxury VehiclesMilitary & Armed Forces
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August