Yacht Transport in Hawaii
The process of shipping a yacht from Hawaii to the states is easy when you hire a professional transport company. As long as you hire a longstanding, reliable transporter with overseas experience you can rest assured that your yacht will be delivered safely. Fortunately, you can tell how dependable a shipping company is by looking for certain qualities. For example, you’ll find positive reviews and ratings about the company online. They will also have state licensing, BBB approval, and DOT registration, among other certifications proving their success and reliability in the transport industry.
To find the right transport company in Hawaii, use the Internet to search for boat transport companies nearest your home. Look for the positive attributes all transporters should have and write down the contact information for the companies that appeal to you most so you can call them to gather quotes for comparison. Make sure they have the right services and affordable shipping service rates. They should also have several shipping options available to you.
Understanding Shipping Services for Yacht Transport
- Lift On/ Lift Off - A crane is used to lift and lower your yacht onto the ship transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck helps secure the yacht as it travels to its new home.
- Roll On/ Roll Off - This is the cheapest and most common way to ship a water vessel or other large motorized vehicles. A cradle attached to the hauling vessel will help keep the yacht secured during its travels.
- Flat Rack - Large yachts are usually transported through this method. The flat rack acts as an open container for the yacht. It is fastened atop a customized cradle.
- Containerized - This is one of the safest forms of transport, protecting the yacht from all outside elements. However, most yachts are too large to take advantage of this method.
- Submersion - Your yacht will stay semi-submerged in the water as it is safely pulled to the carrier ship owned by the transporter. The transport vessel will then use strong transport equipment to lift the yacht aboard. Once aboard, it is fastened to the freight ship.
Knowing all the transport options available for yacht shipping purposes is essential. It will help you decide how you’d like your yacht transported out of Hawaii. All transport companies are different but there are only so many ways to ship a yacht safely. Make sure you talk to the transporter about your options before deciding how to have the yacht shipped.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.