What’s the Difference between International and Domestic Boat Shipping?
There is a big difference between international and domestic boat shipping services. It’s good to know this as a person interested in boat shipping services. Not every transport company offer both international and domestic shipping services.
International boat shipping services include transporting a boat to another country. When shipping out from the U.S. the boat is usually transported by a freight ship overseas. You’ll have several shipping methods to choose from including LO/LO shipping, RO/RO shipping, flat rack, containerized, and submersion. A1’s customer service representatives will help you decide if you need assistance.
Some options may not be open to you due to the boat’s size or other details. Along with the difference in transport methods between international and domestic shipping, international shipping includes compliance with foreign import laws.
Domestic shipping is the act of transporting your boat within the same nation. In the U.S., this could be state to state or city to city. Transporting a boat domestically means that you’ll likely use ground transport methods. There not as many shipping options in this case. Depending on the size of your boat, it may be secured to the top of a trailer or inside of a large shipping container.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory