Things to Look for in Dependable Boat Shipping to Puerto Rico
Buying shipping services to get your boat safely transported to Puerto Rico is affordable and easy to set up. Most transporters set low prices to open up their services to all budget types.
Take time searching the Internet for a reliable and well-reviewed transport company to ship your boat overseas. Keep your eyes open for all the characteristics that make up a trustworthy shipping company.
Positive Characteristics of a Boat Transporter
- They carry great insurance coverage for all of their shipping customers’ water vessels.
- They have an extensive history in the transport industry. They can prove their success in boat shipping with their positive reviews from past customers.
- You’ll have many choices to make for your transport. The services provided should adequately meet your needs or the transporter will offer custom solutions.
- Only the most up-to-date shipping technology and equipment are used for the transport of every vessel.
- The prices are reasonable and you won’t have to pay for the boat transport until it is completed. Some transporters may ask for a small down payment. It is okay to pay a percentage of the shipping costs upfront, but stay aware of anyone asking for a full payment before the transport is even carried out.
- Since the vessel is shipping to another country, it is crucial that the transporter is familiar with international boat transport. They should have great knowledge and understanding of Puerto Rico’s import laws for boats.
Once you have a list of the boat transporters you’d like to contact for questions and quotes, whether by phone or online. The most personable way to receive a quote is over the phone. During your call, you can ask any questions that you have to help you feel more confident in your final decision making.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.