A-1 Auto Transport is a nationally certified truck shipping company that delivers to all 50 states, including Hawaii and Alaska. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have an expert staff of highly trained professionals with the knowledge and expertise to safely and efficiently ship pickups to and from any city in the United States. We combine top notch service with rock bottom pricing to offer the most affordable, highest quality transport options in the industry. Here are some of the types of pickups that we frequently ship:
- Classic, antique and vintage trucks and pickups
- Service and utility rigs
- Tow and dump trucks
- Box, platform vehicles & flatbeds
- Fire engines, garbage trucks, and larger service vehicles
- Compact, mid-size and full-size pickups
- Semi's and commercial vehicles (class 1 through 8)
- Flatbed, hauling and delivery vehicles
Cost & Time To Ship Your Truck Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Transit Days|
|Los Angeles to Las Vegas||$540||270 miles||2-4 days|
|Memphis to Chicago||$1060||530 miles||2-4 days|
|Atlanta to Detroit||$1450||725 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego to Dallas||$2720||1360 miles||4-6 days|
|Columbus to Seattle||$2850||1425 miles||4-6 days|
|New York to Houston||$3260||1630 miles||5-7 days|
|Miami to Denver||$4130||2065 miles||6-8 days|
|Portland to Memphis||$4490||2245 miles||6-8 days|
|Phoenix to Boston||$5300||2650 miles||7-9 days|
|Miami to San Jose||$6140||3070 miles||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of truck you are shipping.
*Additional insurance coverage is available.
*Call us for specific date requests.
Cost Factors In Transport: Weight, Equipment & Shipping Routes
- Weight & Size - Weight and size are key factors in determining the cost of shipping, mainly because they can vary so much from one vehicle to another. There’s a big difference between transporting a pickup, an F-150 and a cement mixer because of the difference in dimensions and tonnage.
- Equipment Required - Different sizes may require special equipment to safely ship from one location to another, particular with regard to the size of and type of trailer needed. Some examples of the types of trailers used for transportation are flatbed, hotshot, single-drop, double-drop and step-deck, just to name a few.
- Location & Destination - As with any other type of vehicle transport, the delivery distance, and by extension the location and destination, also play a role in the overall cost of transporting. Mileage is a pretty simple cost to understand, but the delivery route also plays a part in the price of transportation. Some routes that are more frequently travelled tend to be less expensive than others (for example Florida to New York is a popular delivery route that offers more options and cheaper pricing than others.) This is especially true for long distance and cross country shipping. Shipping to and from a major metro area is generally a way of getting good value when you hire a transport company.
Get a FREE, accurate price estimate on the cost of shipping any type of vehicle by completing the short online request form and clicking “Get My Quote!” Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 for a FREE consultation from a certified shipping specialist in your area! Price quotes are always FREE and require no payment or obligation!
Resources For Truck Owners & Enthusiasts
Truck Trend Auto Shows - A resource from Motortrend owners that has information about shows that feature vehicles from across the U.S. and internationally. Some of the biggest auto shows in the world for pickups are included on the list.
Custom Classic Trucks - The website for the magazine “Custom Classic Trucks” that has information about vintage and classic truck events, news, restoration and resources. They focus on the following makes: Chevy, GMC, Plymouth, Chrysler, Studebaker, Dodge, Ford & Mercury.
Related Information & FAQ
- How to ship a dually
- Heavy duty vehicle shipping
- How Accurate Is an Online Shipping Calculator?
- How enclosed transport protects the vehicle during its transportation
- How to calculate shipping costs
- How to Transport Safely Without Breaking the Bank
- Shipping a step van or multi-stop truck
- Cheapest way to ship
- Is shipping a truck different than shipping other vehicles?
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport - Domestic Locations
We Strive to Serve Communities in all 50 States.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVsBest Door to Door Exotic Car Transport ServicesBest Enclosed Exotic Car Shipping ServicesBest Exotic Car Shipping RatesBoats & Yachts (Overseas)Car and Motorcycle National Transportation ServicesCar Delivery ServicesCar Pick-Up And Delivery ServiceCar TransportationClassic & Antique CarsDaily Direct Motorcycle TransportDoor To Door, Pickup DropoffElectric Auto Transport ServicesEnclosed / CoveredFor DealersFreight Shipping & Heavy Cargo TransportGolf CartsHeavy Vehicle TransportHot Rod Auto TransportInternational / RoRoInterstate Car TowingJet Ski Shipping & Transport ServicesLong Distance Moving ServicesLuxury VehiclesMilitary & Armed Forces
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August