Top Rated Truck Shipping Services
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
A-1 Auto Transport is a nationally certified truck shipping company that delivers to all 50 states, including Hawaii and Alaska. With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have an expert staff of highly trained professionals with the knowledge and expertise to safely and efficiently ship pickups to and from any city in the United States. We combine top notch service with rock bottom pricing to offer the most affordable, highest quality transport options in the industry. Here are some of the types of pickups that we frequently ship:
- Classic, antique and vintage trucks and pickups
- Service and utility rigs
- Tow and dump trucks
- Box, platform vehicles & flatbeds
- Fire engines, garbage trucks, and larger service vehicles
- Compact, mid-size and full-size pickups
- Semi’s and commercial vehicles (class 1 through 8)
- Flatbed, hauling and delivery vehicles
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost Factors In Transport: Weight, Equipment & Shipping Routes
- Weight & Size – Weight and size are key factors in determining the cost of shipping, mainly because they can vary so much from one vehicle to another. There’s a big difference between transporting a pickup, an F-150 and a cement mixer because of the difference in dimensions and tonnage.
- Equipment Required – Different sizes may require special equipment to safely ship from one location to another, particular with regard to the size of and type of trailer needed. Some examples of the types of trailers used for transportation are flatbed, hotshot, single-drop, double-drop and step-deck, just to name a few.
- Location & Destination – As with any other type of vehicle transport, the delivery distance, and by extension the location and destination, also play a role in the overall cost of transporting. Mileage is a pretty simple cost to understand, but the delivery route also plays a part in the price of transportation. Some routes that are more frequently travelled tend to be less expensive than others (for example Florida to New York is a popular delivery route that offers more options and cheaper pricing than others.) This is especially true for long distance and cross country shipping. Shipping to and from a major metro area is generally a way of getting good value when you hire a transport company.
Get a FREE, accurate price estimate on the cost of shipping any type of vehicle by completing the short online request form and clicking “Get My Quote!” Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 for a FREE consultation from a certified shipping specialist in your area! Price quotes are always FREE and require no payment or obligation!
Resources For Truck Owners & Enthusiasts
Truck Trend Auto Shows – A resource from Motortrend owners that has information about shows that feature vehicles from across the U.S. and internationally. Some of the biggest auto shows in the world for pickups are included on the list.
Custom Classic Trucks – The website for the magazine “Custom Classic Trucks” that has information about vintage and classic truck events, news, restoration and resources. They focus on the following makes: Chevy, GMC, Plymouth, Chrysler, Studebaker, Dodge, Ford & Mercury.
Related Information & FAQ
- How to ship a dually
- Heavy duty vehicle shipping
- How Accurate Is an Online Shipping Calculator?
- How enclosed transport protects the vehicle during its transportation
- How to calculate shipping costs
- How to Transport Safely Without Breaking the Bank
- Shipping a step van or multi-stop truck
- Cheapest way to ship
- Is shipping a truck different than shipping other vehicles?