Moving a car can really be a hectic job but when you know how to do it and the cheapest way of doing it, it can remove the sting out of it. Of course, the easiest way to move the car will be to drive it there but when the distance is considerable or when the car has to be moved overseas, you will have to think of another option. There are many options available but most of them will burn a small hole in your pocket. When you are looking for the cheapest way to ship a car, you have to make sure that it is also the best way for the type of car that you own.
Factors that Affect Your Budget
When you need to move a car from one place to another, there are many factors to be taken into consideration.
- Environmental conditions – When you do not want to expose your car to the elements while traveling, enclosed auto transport will protect your car. However, this is an expensive option and the price will increase with the size of the vehicle.
- The type of car – SUV’s will require a bigger vehicle for transportation while luxury cars will need carriers which offer them extra protection.
- The distance that needs to be traveled – of course, the more the distance, the heavier the price and that is why most people look out for cheaper options.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Cheapest Way
Reputedly the cheapest way to ship a car is through Open Air Auto Transport Services and is also one of the most reliable means of moving vehicles. Cars of all sizes can usually be accommodated in the open air carriers and they can carry as much as 10 vehicles at a time. This is the factor that reduces the cost of such carriers and that is why many go in for this. When you only need to transport a small family car, an enclosed carrier will be far too expensive.
Advantages of Open Air Transport
Open air transport services may be the cheapest way to ship a car but that does not mean it is not worth it. In fact, there are many advantages that one must consider before going in for the more expensive option.
- Availability – Usually while choosing enclosed carriers, you will get the one that is available and that might be way over your budget. To get the carrier of your choice, you will have to book in advance while open air carriers can be booked at a moment’s notice.
- One size fits all – The price will be the same whether you want to transport your brand new luxury car, your big SUV or your old family car.
- Many at the same time – When you have more than one car to be transported, you can get the job done with just one carrier. This will save you the trouble of booking multiple carriers and they will all arrive at the destination at the same time.
- Greener option – The open-air vehicles use less fuel and while that is better for the environment, it makes it cheap to hire it. A-1 Auto Transport cares about the environment and takes green initiatives.
- Regular check-ups – the open feature of the vehicle will allow the driver to keep checking the vehicles regularly.
When you need an economical solution that will fit all needs, then it is the open air carrier for you as it is the cheapest way to ship a car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory