- Classic Car Shipping Expert Tips and Reliable Services
- Classic & Antique Cars Companies
- Enclosed Car Transport
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Classic Car Examples
- Car Movers Near Me
- Enclosed Auto Shipping Shipping A Classic Collector Car With A-1 Auto Transport
- Directory of Classic Car Transport
- Passport Transport
- Horseless Carriage Carriers
- Enclosed Vehicle Transport Carriers
- Relevant Statistics
- General Facts
- Related Content
Classic Car Shipping Expert: Tips and Reliable Services
When it comes to safeguarding the cherished elegance of your classic car during transit, the choice of transport services becomes paramount. Opting for enclosed classic and antique vehicle transport not only ensures the utmost protection but also preserves the timeless beauty of these vintage vehicles. In this guide, we delve into the considerations of choosing the right enclosed transport service for your antique vehicle. From the benefits of enclosed carriers to estimated costs based on distance, we navigate the essentials that help you make an informed decision about preserving your prized possession's legacy throughout its journey.
Classic & Antique Cars Companies
It is not hard to ship a classic or antique vehicle but there are a few things you should know beforehand to ensure everything goes smoothly. We compiled this list of frequently asked questions about shipping an antique vintage or classic car transport because we know you probably have some of the same concerns we do. Shipping a historic car is not notably different from shipping any other automobile, but there are a few details to bear in mind to make the best selection possible. Classic and ancient auto transport companies are experienced in handling these specialized vehicles, making the car shipping process secure and efficient.
Enclosed Car Transport
When transporting classic cars, there are several important factors to consider. One of the first things to think about is the available transport options. There are many types of trucks and trailers that can be used, but we always recommend enclosed vehicle transport. This option provides the highest level of protection against damages that can occur during transit.
The value of your classic car is another important factor to consider. Investing in enclosed vehicle transport is a wise use of money because it provides the best protection for your vehicle. This is especially true for rare or sentimental classics. Weather conditions should also be taken into account when choosing the right transport option. Enclosed vehicle transport protects your classic car from rain, hail, scratches, elements and other weather conditions that can cause damage during transit.
When selecting a classic car transport service, make sure to choose a provider that offers door-to-door reliable car carriers. This ensures that your vehicle is delivered directly to your home or a specific address of your choosing, providing added convenience.
Finally, price is an important consideration when choosing a transport option. Enclosed vehicle transport is typically more expensive than open-air transport options, but the added protection is worth the extra cost. When transporting classic cars, it's important to consider the available transport options, the value of your vehicle, weather conditions, and the price of each option. Enclosed vehicle transport is the best choice for protecting your investment and ensuring the safe delivery of your classic car.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Classic Car Examples
|Estimated Time In Transit
|New York, NY to Boston, MA
|Dallas, TX to Memphis, TN
|Denver, CO to Dallas, TX
|Los Angeles, CA to Denver, CO
|Denver, CO to Columbus, OH
|Phoenix, AZ to Memphis, TN
|Detroit, MI to Las Vegas, NV
|New York, NY to Phoenix, AZ
|Seattle, WA to Memphis, TN
|Miami, FL to Seattle, WA
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of classic car you are shipping.
Car Movers Near Me
Enclosed Auto Shipping: Shipping A Classic Collector Car With A-1 Auto Transport
- As an established collector car company, we use only the most modern enclosed auto carriers for classic cars. Whether it’s for an auto show, private collectors of vintage autos or exotic vehicles, or a museum that needs a classic cars transportation company, we're there to provide the best antique transport vehicles in business. The method ensures your car arrives at the destination damage-fee or in good condition.
Our large and reliable carrier network of delivery routes operates across all 50 states with the experience and professionalism expected of classic car owners. When you move as many vehicles as we do, you come to learn what customers need. Here’s what you can expect when you hire us to move your antique transport vehicles, vintage, muscle, or classic cars:
- Fully enclosed car transport for classic older model vehicles
- A professional car transport company with 25 years experience as a car transporter
- Shift-resistant car shipping companies
- Air-cushioned suspension transporter
- Exotic Auto Transport Car Service
- Excellent auto shipping service that customers love and the most reliable carrier in the industry
- Cargo insurance coverage is included in every car shipping quote (fully insured enclosed trailer and auto transport available)
- Classic car transport to all 50 states
- Door-to-door classic vehicle shipping service
- Free car shipping quotes and discounts for first-time shippers
- The best classic car transport companies rate in business and the lowest average shipment cost
At Auto Transport, we are committed to providing the best possible customer experience for our clients. Our focus on customer service, performance, and track record have made us a trusted name in the auto shipping industry. We offer competitive pricing and invest in the latest technology to ensure that our car haulers can transport your vehicle safely and efficiently to any location in the country. Remember, discounts are available for students, military personnel, and veterans. Our truck driver will take care of your car.
If you have any questions about our international car shipping services or our discounts for antique car transport, please don't hesitate to call our number 1-888-230-9493 and place your order. You simply need to book with us and leave all the logistics to us.
Directory of Classic Car Transport
Passport Transport has been in business for more than 40 years, moving antique and vintage automobiles to all 48 states in the contiguous U.S. They use only fully enclosed auto carriers and specialize in door-to-door delivery of classic cars.
145 Evergreen Pkwy Lebanon, MO 65536 (417) 532-5600
Horseless Carriage Carriers
Located in New Jersey, Horseless Carriage ships classic and collector autos nationwide. They specialize in enclosed transport, which offers the maximum protection for a vehicle during transport. Storage terminals are also available.
61 Iowa Ave. Patterson, NJ 07503 (973) 742-2692
Enclosed Vehicle Transport Carriers
Transporting classic vehicles and motorcycles, Enclosed Vehicle Transport Inc. has a door-to-door delivery service to the lower 48 states. Classic car shipping services often provide insurance coverage to protect against any potential damage or loss during transportation.
45 Station Rd. Glen Mills, PA 19342 (888) 827-6799
- Over 90% of classic car owners choose to ship their vehicles instead of driving them long distances.
- Classic car shipping companies handle more than 20,000 shipments annually.
- The average cost to ship a classic car domestically is around $1,500.
- Classic cars are typically transported in specially designed enclosed trailers, providing optimal protection for the vehicle.
- Roughly 80% of classic car collectors prefer to use professional car transport services to ensure the safe delivery of their valuable vehicles.
- Classic car shipping is the transportation of vintage or collectible cars from one location to another.
- Specialized carriers are used to ensure the safe and secure transport of classic cars.
- Classic car shipping can be done domestically or internationally, depending on the client's needs.
- The process involves careful handling, loading, and securing of the vehicles to protect them from any damage during transit.
- Classic car shipping services often provide insurance coverage to protect against any potential damage or loss during transportation.
- How much does it cost to ship a classic car?
- What are the steps involved in shipping a classic car?
- Are there any special requirements for it?
- How can I find a reliable shipping company?
- Is my classic car insured during transportation?
- Can I ship a classic car internationally?
- What types of transport methods are available?
- How far in advance should I book?
- Can I pack personal belongings in my car during shipping?
- What should I do if my car gets damaged during transportation?
- How does it work?
- How long does it take?
- How do I prepare my classic car for shipping?
- How can I track the progress of my shipment?
- How should I choose the right type of transport for my classic car?
- How can I ensure that my car is protected during transportation?
- How far in advance should I book classic car transport services?
- How do I file a claim if my car is damaged during shipping?
- Who provides the best classic auto shipping options?
- Who can help me transport a classic car across the country?
- Who is responsible for shipping insurance?
- Who offers affordable rates?
- Who has experience in international shipping?
- Who offers enclosed transport for classic cars?
- Who can provide professional classic car shipping advice?
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Classic Car Transport Cost?
The cost of shipping classic cars is predicated on a few basic things, though the main thing that will affect the cost is the shipping distance. In the chart below, you will find some prices for car transport rates to and from different U.S. cities, as well as the mileage and expected costs, plus estimated delivery times. Since most classic cars are shipped using enclosed transport, The longer the delivery distance, the cheaper the cost is on a per-mile basis. Prices for shipping a classic car range from roughly $1 to $3 per mile, with the average landing right around $2 per mile.
What Are the Options For Shipping A Classic, Vintage, or Antique Car?
The primary options for any type of car transport are an open or enclosed carrier and either terminal-to-terminal shipping or door-to-door. Because classic, vintage, and antique cars can be delicate and often have a higher value, most owners prefer to ship using enclosed shipping, which provides the safest and most secure method of transport. Using an enclosed shipping also makes it easier to facilitate door-to-door transport, which is typically also preferred by those shipping a classic. If you’re shipping a car overseas, the preferred method for classic cars is RORO (roll on, roll off) transport.
Another great services that are popular among classic car owners are expedited shipping and single-car carrier transport. Expedited shipping provides the fastest method provided by a classic car transporter, which is often done using a single car carrier. The advantage of shipping only one car at a time is that it’s not only quicker in terms of delivery time, but it also allows the shipper to provide the most attention and care to the car during the transport process.
What Is the Best Way To Ship A Classic Automobile?
The best way to ship a classic or vintage car is and always has been using an enclosed carrier, coupled with door-to-door car transport. As mentioned above, an enclosed carrier offers the most protection and safety for any type of car being shipped within the United States. Door-to-door transport is a method of classic car shipping in which the car is shipped directly to a specific address, rather than being dropped off at a shipping terminal. The advantage of door-to-door car transport is that there are no extra steps involved, such as having to retrieve and transport the vehicle yourself from the delivery terminal to its final destination. Since this final leg of the delivery is eliminated for the customer, door-to-door transport provides the ultimate in convenience offers full end-to-end shipping with no need for you to do any legwork.
If I Don’t Ship Enclosed, Can You Guarantee Top Load Only (Open Transport)?
If you prefer to use an open-air carrier when shipping a classic or antique car, many companies can to offer a top load-only option, which is a type of open transport. There is a degree of protection when you use an open trailer with a top load-only option, though not as much as an enclosed carrier would. While not every company may be able to guarantee top load-only transport on their open trailers, many are happy to accommodate the request. The advantage of this option is that it eliminates the possibility of damages due to other vehicles leaking fluids and dropping dirt and other debris onto your vehicle--something that's pretty important in classic car delivery. If you do intend to ship a classic car using an open carrier, top load only is the way to go.
A-1 Auto Transport provides nationwide and international classic car transport services with more than two decades of experience shipping classic, vintage, and antique vehicles. We are happy to offer 100% FREE price quotes with no obligation required! If you have any questions about the process or costs, please click here or call 1-888-230-9493 today for a FREE estimate! All quotes are given in real-time by a certified transport agent.
Can I Ship My Car By Train?
Car shipping can be done by train, though it is not a commonly used method of transport. However, if you are set on shipping a vehicle by rail, you do have some options. Amtrak offers car shipping and even has a daily train that runs in parts of the Southeast, not to mention the handful of car shipping companies that offer similar services throughout the U.S. One thing you may come to realize if you do an online search for companies that can ship by train is that it’s not a service everyone will offer. Since it is not a frequently used method of shipping, you will be somewhat limited by your available choices, but it can be an efficient and relatively cost-effective way of transporting a car, classic or otherwise.
Can I Ship Overseas?
You absolutely can have a classic car shipped overseas, but it can be slightly complicated since countries tend to have different regulations and import restrictions, which makes it important to have a good understanding of the laws that pertain to your specific auto transport request. A shipping company that is well-versed in overseas shipping should be able to help you navigate the legal requirements and paperwork involved in the process. For more information about international classic car transport, please see our resource on the topic and learn about available options and pricing.
How Will My Car Be Protected During Transit?
Classic car transport companies have several levels of protection involved throughout the shipping process to make sure that your car is safely taken care of every step of the way. Not only are modern carriers extremely safe and secure, but customers almost always have the option of choosing enclosed auto transport, which provides the most protection possible during shipment, particularly against extreme weather.
How Do You Prepare Your Car For Shipping?
Before your vehicle can be picked up and loaded for transport, there’s a few minor preparations you’ll need to make. The list below covers the most common requirements from auto transport companies and is generally considered the best practice for preparing a car (classic or otherwise) for shipping.
- Remove external components such as luggage racks or spoilers
- Clear the car of all personal belongings
- Make sure tires are properly inflated
- Check fluid levels
- Make note of the vehicle's condition
- Run the gas tank down to no more than a quarter tank
- Disable any alarm systems
- Clean the car, both inside and out
Will My Car Be Insured During Shipping?
Insurance is included as part of any shipment using classic car transport services and is required by law to maintain certain insurance coverage minimums. The type of insurance that a transport company carries can vary from one company to the next. It’s important to keep in mind that the insurance policy carried out by auto transport companies only covers damage caused by the shipper, which is why it's important to check a company's safety record. It’s a good idea to check with your auto insurance policy before shipping to see if they provide any coverage.
How Long Will It Take To Transport?
Delivery times for auto transport vary based on several different factors, and those also apply to classic car shipping. The main things that will affect transport time it takes to transport cars are, final destination, type of vehicle, and method of shipping. Shipments of 300 miles or less can usually be done in one day, whereas shipping across the U.S. could take five to seven days. International shipments naturally take longer and depend on which country you’re shipping to, but generally fall within a two-week time frame for the entire process.
Can I Have Household Goods In My Car During Auto Shipping?
There are no hard and fast legal restrictions on whether or not you can ship personal items in a car when having it shipped. Even though there are no technical restrictions on what can be shipped inside of a vehicle, most companies will not allow additional items to be shipped in the car. Companies that do allow personal items in the car will most likely charge additional fees.
Can I Track My Vehicle During Shipping?
Every company will allow you to contact them to check on your shipment while it’s being delivered and some may even provide you with a phone number directly to the truck driver. Some auto shipping companies also provide GPS tracking for car shipments, which is a streamlined and easy way to get updates, much like you might be familiar with when having a package shipped to your home.
Do I Need To Be Present For the Pick-Up And Delivery Of My Car?
Someone must be present for both pick up and delivery for any vehicle, though it doesn’t necessarily have to be the owner or the person who arranged for shipping. You can also assign someone to handle the auto-shipping process for you, provided you communicate this to the shipper beforehand. If you know that you won’t be available for either pick up or delivery, make sure you have made arrangements to have someone do so on your behalf.
How Far In Advance Do I Need To Book A Shipper?
In most cases, you can book a shipper 7-10 days out from your expected pick-up date, though we do recommend giving yourself more time to coordinate everything, especially with classic car transport services. A couple of weeks is more than enough time to explore your shipping options with different companies and settle on the one that you think provides the best combination of experience, professionalism, and affordability.
Can I Ship A Vehicle That Doesn’t Run?
Almost every company that delivers cars is capable of shipping a vehicle that doesn’t run, and this applies to classics as well. Shipping an inoperable vehicle does have a small additional cost, but it’s usually less than $100 since it just needs to cover the extra labor required to load and unload the car from the transport carrier. If you plan to ship a car that is not in running condition, make sure that you mention that when getting an estimate as it does affect the price quote you’ll receive.