Door To Door Auto Transport, The Stress-Free Solution
Why Use Door to Door Auto Transport?
Traditionally, vehicle transportation has involved dropping off your auto, boat or RV at a depot, where it is then loaded and delivered to another terminal for pick up (known as terminal to terminal transport). While this is an affordable option that many customers opt for, we do understand that coordinating a drop off and pick up often means adding another sizable chore–and potentially a large chunk of time–to your to-do list.
Many customers choose door to door shipping because of the convenience factor, but there are several reasons why it is considered such a great choice. Here some of the features that this option so popular:
- Save considerable time by eliminating vehicle drop off and pick up. We take care of all that for you!
- One driver from point A to point B eliminates the use of multiple carriers as well as potential storage fees at terminals
- Opportunity to meet the driver who will be transporting your vehicle
- Oversee the process of your vehicle getting loaded onto the transport carrier
- Satellite tracking on all transport carriers provides real-time updates
Door to Door Car Shipping Cost & Time Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Los Angeles, CA to Phoenix, AZ||$520||386 mi||2-4 days|
|Chicago, IL to Memphis, TN||$740||538 mi||2-4 days|
|Atlanta, GA to Detroit, MI||$810||732 mi||3-5 days|
|Denver, CO to San Diego, CA||$880||1090 mi||4-6 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to Seattle, WA||$1010||1086 mi||4-6 days|
|San Jose, CA to Dallas, TX||$1180||1693 mi||5-7 days|
|Detroit, MI to Las Vegas, NV||$1250||1999 mi||5-7 days|
|Seattle, WA to Memphis, TN||$1470||2303 mi||6-8 days|
|New York, NY to Phoenix, AZ||$1340||2421 mi||7-9 days|
|Portland, OR to Miami, FL||$1440||3281 mi||7-9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
*Price examples are for enclosed transport from door to door.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Door to Door Transport Options
As with any service, door to door vehicle transportation offers several choices. One option is a multi-car transport truck, which is ideal for basic vehicle transport. These trucks were designed specifically for auto transport, with the majority of vehicles easily fitting safely and securely onto the truck.
A second option is to use a flatbed truck, a good choice when moving more than one vehicle or a smaller vehicle. The flatbed option is ideal for moving a car and another small vehicle, such as a dirt bike or motorcycle.
Our enclosed transport trucks offer a more secure vehicle transport option with an added layer of protection. Designed with higher end, luxury or classic cars in mind, enclosed transport is a great option if you have concerns about weather, road debris or other potential damage caused to your vehicle during delivery. This is a particularly good option if you are buying or selling a vehicle as it offers the most protection and safety during transport.
- antique automobiles shipping
- ATV & UTV shipping
- Cassic cars
- Hybrid vehicles
- Luxury cars
Preparing Your Vehicle
Whether using terminal to terminal or door to door transport, there are a few simple steps that you should take to prepare your vehicle for shipping.
- It’s a good idea to check your battery, tire pressure and fluid levels before having your vehicle transported. Any mechanical issues or operational quirks should be communicated prior to pick up.
- Have no more than 1/4 tank of gas in the vehicle before transport.
- Clean the vehicle and remove any loose or personal items. This can include items such as detachable car stereos, GPS units, garage door openers and parking permits.
- Fold in mirrors and remove any non-retractable antennas, spoilers, luggage racks or other accessories of the vehicle.
- Disable the alarm or include detailed instructions on how to turn it off if it cannot be disabled.
- Document and photograph any existing damage to the vehicle for your records.
- Put the top up if your vehicle is a convertible. If this is not an option, enclosed transport is a good option that is worth exploring.
- Provide a set of all vehicle keys to the driver
Other Considerations to Take Into Account
It is important to remember that these services requires a wide enough street for our auto carriers to maneuver. Obstacles can include overhanging tree branches or driveways in which it is difficult to navigate a large truck. In circumstances such as these, our driver will contact you and arrange for pick up at the nearest convenient location.
A-1 Auto Transport is a SmartWay Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency, which works to reduce harmful emissions in the freight transportation industry. We are also VeriSign Secured, which means all online communications with us are secure and encrypted for your privacy.
To get started today, give us a call at 1-800-452-2880 to discuss the many options we have available to meet your transport needs! Instant quotes are also available form our online submission form.
Related Information & FAQ
Door to Door Car Shipping: Frequently Asked Questions
- Best Door To Door Antique Automobiles Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Boat and Yacht Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Golf Cart Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door International Car & Motorcycle Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Military Car Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Motorcycle Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Multiple Vehicles Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door SUV Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Truck Shipping Services
- Best Door To Door Van Shipping Services
- Cheap Movers In Yorba Linda
- Door to Door versus Terminal to Terminal Delivery for Your Motorcycle
- Door to Door versus Terminal to Terminal RV Delivery
- Miami Door to Door Vehicle Transportation
- Take Advantage of Door 2 Door Car Shipping Services
- Door To Door Auto Transport Quote
- Use Door to Door Delivery Services to Ship Your Motorcycle
- Find Cheap Door to Door Car Transport
- Door To Door Car Transport Interstate
- Should I Buy Door to Door Services to Ship a Car to Uzbekistan from the US?
- Door To Door Auto Transport, The Stress-Free Solution