How to Ship a Boat to UAE?
Buying shipping services to get your boat safely transported to the UAE from the USA is affordable and easy to get scheduled. Most transporters set affordable rates to open up their services to all budget types. Take your time searching the Internet for a reliable and positively liked transport company to ship your boat overseas to the UAE. Pay attention to the characteristics of the boat shipping company before hiring them for the transport of your boat.
How to Spot a Great Overseas Boat Transport Company
- They offer insurance coverage for all of their shipping customers’ water vessels. By state law, offering their customers insurance is a requirement all transporters must fulfill.
- They have a longstanding history in the auto transport industry. They can prove their success in boat shipping with their positive reviews and ratings.
- There will be many shipping options available. The services provided should adequately meet your needs or the shipping company will offer custom solutions.
- Only the latest shipping technology and equipment is used for the transport of every boat or water vessel shipped to UAE.
- The prices for services are reasonable and you won’t have to pay for the services until the boat is delivered. Some transporters may ask for a small down payment. It is okay to pay a percentage of the shipping costs upfront, but stay aware of anyone asking for a full payment before the transport is even carried out.
- Since the vessel is shipping to another country, it is crucial that the transporter is familiar with international boat transport. They should understand foreign import policies and have knowledge of the laws for import set by the UAE.
The Many Ways to Ship a Boat Overseas
- Life On/ Lift Off- A crane gradually lowers and lifts your boat off and onto the water vessel transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck is used to secure the boat.
- Roll On/ Roll Off- This is the least expensive and most purchased method used to ship a boat. The boat will load onto the transport vessel with an attached cradle.
- Containerized- This is one of the safest forms of transport, protecting the boat from all outside elements. A boat over 8ft in width or height is usually too large for this method.
- Submersion- Your boat will stay semi-submerged in the water as it is safely pulled to the carrier ship owned by the transporter. The transport vessel will then use strong transport equipment to lift the boat on top of the freight ship.
- Flat Rack- The flat rack acts as an open container for larger boats which remain fastened atop a customized cradle.