How to Ship a Boat to Germany?
Licensed international auto shipping companies are usually very familiar with the process of shipping a boat overseas to Germany. There is a lot of planning and detail that goes into the transport of a boat from the US to another country. Long-lasting, high-quality shipping equipment, freight ships, and special tools are needed to successfully deliver a boat across the ocean waters. It is very important that the shipping company is licensed, certified and experienced.
Before hiring a transporter, make sure they have the right credentials and a positive reputation for their overseas boat shipping services.
The Many Ways Boat Shipping Services Help
- It’s easier to gain approval from Customs with professional assistance. The certification of approval is needed before the transport of your ship can carry out. The transport company will inform you of the country’s import laws, but they will also recommend that you call the embassy of for that country. The embassy can give you the latest policies and tax rates during your phone call with them.
- An international transport company will have haulers, trailers, freight ships, and other shipping technologies and equipment to provide ground and overseas transport for a successful door to door delivery.
- Every state in the US carries their own policy regarding the insurance coverage a licensed transporter must offer to their customers. Ask the transporter what is entailed in their insurance policy. Buy additional insurance protection through the transporter if the entire value of your boat isn’t covered by the insurance they offer all customers. It’s important to have this assurance when shipping a water vessel or vehicle of any kind overseas.
- Boat shipping companies offer winterization, shrink-wrapping and other preventative services for boats shipped through them.
- Real-time satellite tracking is offered by most dependable shipping companies. This tracking service is easy to use and allows the customers to follow the travels of their boat with the transport company.
- The professionals will guide you through the entire shipping process. They’ll answer any questions you have and be there every step of the way.
Shipping a boat to Germany isn’t too difficult especially with the right overseas transport company on your side. Complying with German policies might be the most difficult part of the transport which makes it even more pertinent to have the help of knowledgeable shipping consultants.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.