How to Ship a Boat to France?
It takes a lot of understanding as well as durable shipping equipment to successfully deliver a boat overseas to France from the U.S. without endangering its condition or spending tons of money. The good thing is that there are many experienced overseas boat shipping companies to choose from. In fact, water vessel manufacturers and dealers often use qualified transport services to deliver their new boats to other locations all over the globe on a frequent basis.
Before you choose an international boat transport company nearest to your home in the U.S., it’s best to have some knowledge of the shipping methods and services available. There are many different ways to ship a boat by sea to France.
Although there are only so many ways to successfully ship a boat to another country, you’ll have a few options to choose from.
- For the Lift On/ Lift Off method, a crane slowly lowers and raises your yacht onto the freight ship that is transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck is used to secure the boat during its transport. The lift will also release the boat after its delivery to the proper seaport.
- The Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most affordable and popular way to transport a water vessel. Your boat will load onto the freight ship with an attached cradle.
- Large boats are best suited for the flat rack method of transport. The flat rack acts as an open container for the vessel. The yacht is then fastened to the rack with a customized cradle.
- One of the safest forms of transport for a boat is containerized shipping, protecting the boat from all outside elements. Unfortunately, large boats and water vessels may not have the ability to use this method.
- For Submersion shipping, your boat will remain semi-submerged in the water as it is lead safely to the vessel taking it to France. The freight ship technicians will then use durable tools to lift the boat on board. As it is lifted, the water is drained from the vessel.