Learn About Boat Transport by Sea before Booking with Professionals
Before you hire professionals in any industry, it’s wise to have an understanding of the process and a general concept of the service. This will help you avoid hiring the wrong people for the job.
You want a trustworthy and reputable boat shipping company to handle the delivery of your vessel. To have your boat transported by sea, search online for the best boat transporters nearby. Make sure they specialize in shipping a boat internationally or by way of the sea.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Have Specifics Ready When You Call the Shipping Company
Once you compiled a small list of well-reviewed boat transporters you’d like to call, start preparing the information that you’ll likely need to provide them with. Most transporters will ask their questions the same questions since calculating a quote is done with direct cost affecting factors in mind.
- The boat’s measurements are important. Have its length, width, and height written down. Make sure these dimensions are accurate and that nothing extends higher than the restrictions set by the transporter.
- You may or may not need certain documents right away. The transporter will probably ask for information that’s normally found on the title and registration. Other documents may include proof of insurance, the Bill of Lading, and the Bill or Sale.
- Have the addresses of the pickup and delivery locations for the boat.
- Include an inventory list if other items are shipping with the boat.
- Know what services you’d like for the transport of your boat by sea. It is likely that you can take advantage of optional services offered by most transport companies. These only enhance the shipping process by adding more protection or putting it higher on the Transporter’s priority list.