Hiring the Experts of Transport for Boat Shipping from the USA to the UK
It takes a lot of experience and durable transport gear to successfully deliver a boat to the UK from the USA without worry of its condition. Luckily this is an affordable service that many boat owners take advantage of.
In fact, watercraft manufacturers and dealers also use professional transport services to deliver their brand new vessels to other locations.
Before you begin calling around for quotes from the most dependable international boat transporters closest to your home, have some knowledge of the shipping options available. There are many different ways to transport a boat by sea to the U.K. Select the most suitable solution for your vessel.
- Life On/ Lift Off - A crane is used to slowly lower and raise your boat off the ship transporting it. A cradle fastened to the deck is used to secure the boat during its transport.
- Roll On/ Roll Off - This is the most affordable and popular way to transport a boat. The boat will load onto the transport vessel with its attached cradle.
- Flat Rack - Larger boats are best suited for this method of transport. The flat rack acts as an open container for the boat which remains fastened atop a customized cradle.
- Containerized - This is one of the safest forms of transport, protecting the boat from all outside elements. A boat over 8ft in width or height is usually too large to benefit from this overseas shipping service.
- Submersion - Your boat will remain semi-submerged in the water as it is lead safely to the vessel taking it to the U.K. The transport vessel will then use durable tools to lift the boat on board, draining it of all water is it’s lifted.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.