The cost of boat transport is actually inexpensive. Most shipping companies set rates to accommodate the budgets of all individuals in need of a transport. Finding a reliable transporter to deliver your vessel is simple.
Just take your time searching and carefully considering what’s available. Look for certain qualities that prove the boat shipping company’s success in the transport industry.
Spot These Qualities in a Transporter.
- They carry great insurance coverage for all of their shipping customers’ water vessels.
- They have an extensive history in the transport industry. They can prove their success in boat shipping with their positive reviews from past customers.
- You’ll have many choices to make for your transport. The services provided should adequately meet your needs or the transporter will offer custom solutions.
- As a reliable shipping company, they’ll have the latest transport technology and the highest quality equipment.
- The prices are reasonable and you won’t have to pay for the boat transport until it is completed. Some transporters may ask for a small down payment. It is okay to pay a percentage of the shipping costs upfront, but stay aware of anyone asking for a full payment before the transport is even carried out.
- Those in need of international boat transport should look for a company that offers overseas shipping services. Their staff should have experience dealing with foreign import laws.
After compiling a short list of the most well-regarded transport companies around your home, start collecting quotes from each one. Calling in is the most personable and wisest way to get a quote. You can ask questions and receive a quote while you have them on the line. However, gathering quotes this way is more time consuming.
To get an idea of what a transporter will charge you for the boats shipping process, get an instant quote. An instant quote is available on the shipping company’s website. It may look like a calculator that adds the miles to be traveled and the dimensions of the boat to calculate a rough estimate within moments.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.