Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping a Boat to or from California
Boat transport is quite common. It’s nearly impossible to get a boat from Point A to Point B over land without calling on the help of a professional boat shipping company. Fortunately, there are many great boat shipping companies in California that have the experience and qualifications to safely and successfully deliver your boat wherever it needs to go.
A good transport company will have the proper licensing and certifications to prove their reliability. They may also have approval from the Better Business Bureau and U.S. Department of Transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparing for Boat Transport
Getting your boat ready for its transport is essential if you wish for it to remain in good condition. Of course, the transport company will have insurance coverage for the entire value of your boat as it is in their care, but without preparing the boat as recommended by the shipping company, filing a claim may be more difficult.
- Remove any potentially hazardous materials such as oil, fuel, etc.
- Fasten all hatches. Tape or tie them down to assure reinforcement. The seal should be tight enough to keep water out.
- Close and lock all windows, doors and other similar attachments. You don’t want them to swing open during the boat’s shipping process.
- Make a list of any damages that the boat suffers from. Take pictures of the interior and exterior to have proof of its condition before the transport.
- If you’re shipping during winter months, have the boat winterized. Drain all water. This includes checking all pumps, water systems and air conditioners.
- Secure any loose cables or gear inside the boat or out on the deck.
- Take off or lower anything that raises the height of the boat past 13.5ft.
- Have all requested documentation compiled and ready for the transporter.
- Help the boat look its best by cleaning it thoroughly before the transport.
- Take out any valuable items such as electronics and anchors.
- Disconnect batteries and anything ran by electricity or gas.