There are people all over the world that often take advantage of auto transport services. You’ll find that professional transporters often offer shipping services for various vehicle types, including boats. Having a boat transported to another location over land is obviously a job that should be left to a professional, especially if the boat must travel a long distance to reach its destination.
When you need a shipping company nearby, the residents of California should pick up the phone and call the professionals at A1 Auto Transport. We have affordable shipping services even when it comes to our boat transport services. We will make sure that your boat is delivered safely to its new home without exceeding your budget. Just give us a call at (800) 452-2880 to learn more.
How to Properly Prepare a Boat for Transport
Preparing your vessel for its transport is essential to its safety as well as the safety of all those transporting it. By preparing the boat, you’re only assuring that its condition is left untouched.
- Clean off the boat. Make sure it looks its best and that there is no dirt or grime.
- Secure all latches including windows, doors, vents, cupboards and any other hatches or openings.
- Make sure all personal items and valuables are removed. Also, remove any hazardous or flammable items.
- Disable anything powered by electrical or gas. Make sure all batteries are also disconnected.
- Secure all loose cables, ropes, and gear.
- Have the boat winterized if it is to ship during the off-season Drain all water from the boat and check all pumps, water systems, and air conditioners.
- Have all necessary documentation ready for the transport company.
When you pick up and dial (800) 452-2880, you’ll be greeted by one of friendly customer service representatives. After listening to your boat shipping needs, we will provide you with a FREE estimate. We look forward to your phone call!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.