- Boat Transport Near Me Finding A Local Boat Shipper
- How To Properly Prepare A Boat For Transport
- Boat Transport Resources
Boat Transport Near Me: Finding A Local Boat Shipper
Shipping a boat is no simple task and when you hire a company to transport it for you, ideally you want an experienced professional that’s local to your area. In some areas, this is easier than others; for example coastal areas tend to have more boat transporters than you’ll find in flyover states of the Midwest. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s not doable—in fact it’s very doable if you know where to look and how to go about it.
If you’re looking for a transport company that ships boats, one of the best places to start your search is Google Maps. Since you can search within a specific area (which is where are physically located by default), it’s much easier to find a local company that can handle the job. If a transport service has a local office, or better yet, is headquartered in your neck of the woods, that makes it much easier to contact them for a cost estimate and anything else you may need to discuss over the course of arranging shipping.
When you start the process of finding a reliable shipper to move your boat, you’ll want to do the same type of research and preparation you would with any other major expenditure. The best approach, in our experience, is to find a handful of local carriers and call them to make sure they can handle your specific type of boat, especially if it’s a larger boat. If your satisfied that they have the experience and capability of shipping your boat, it’s time to compare prices from the different options. This is an important step and something we recommend, even when customers contact us to do the job. Prices do vary and good savings can be had if you put in a little bit of time to find the best deal.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Boat Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Properly Prepare a Boat For Transport
Preparing your vessel for its transport is essential to its safety as well as the safety of all those transporting it. By preparing the boat properly, you can rest assured that it will arrive in the same condition it was in when you dropped it off with the transporter. Here are the steps you’ll want to follow:
- Clean off the boat. Make sure it looks its best and that there is no dirt or grime. The shipper will document its condition before transport and this makes it easier.
- Secure all latches including windows, doors, vents, cupboards and any other hatches or openings.
- Make sure all personal items and valuables are removed. Also, remove any hazardous or flammable items that may be on board
- Disable anything powered by electrical or gas. Make sure all batteries are also disconnected.
- Secure all loose cables, ropes, and gear.
- Have the boat winterized if it’s being shipped during colder months.
- Have all necessary documentation ready for the transport company.
If you follow the steps outlined above, you’ll have smooth sailing with the shipper and ensure that your boat is transported without any problems, complications or delays along the way.
Boat Transport Resources
Information About Shipping Boats - Our official boat transport page is chock full of information about the process, options, time and cost estimates, and much more. Highly recommended reading for anyone before they partner with a transport company.
Best Boating Destinations - Some of the best boating spots in the world, including several international locations and top destinations for boaters in the U.S.