Boat Shipping Quote
Believe it or not, the cost of boat transport services is relatively affordable and inexpensive. Most auto and boat shipping companies set rates to accommodate the budgets of all individuals in need of a transport. Finding a reliable transporter to deliver your boat wherever you may need it is quick and easy. The timeliest part of finding the right boat shipping company is the research you should do online.
Look for certain qualities that prove the boat shipping company’s success in the transport industry.
Characteristics to Look for in a Boat Transporter
- They carry great insurance coverage for all of their shipping customers’ water vessels.
- They have an extensive history in the transport industry. They can prove their success in boat shipping with their positive reviews from past customers.
- You’ll have many choices to make for your transport. The services provided should sufficiently meet your needs or the transporter will offer custom solutions.
- As a reliable shipping company, they’ll have the latest transport technology and the highest quality equipment.
- You won’t have to pay for the boat transport until it is completed. Some transporters may ask for a small payment upfront. It’s alright to pay a percentage of the shipping costs upfront, but stay away from anyone asking for a full payment before the transport is even carried out. The prices for shipping services should also sound very reasonable.
- Anyone in need of international boat shipping services should look for a company that offers overseas transport methods for water vessels. All those working for the company should also have extensive knowledge on foreign import policies.
Once you have found a few boat shipping companies with great qualities, collect the contact info from each one’s website. Call every transporter to ask questions and gather quotes. You can compare each quote and the transporter’s traits at the end of all your research. After deciding what transporter to go through, call to set up the boat’s transport date. Before the shipping company comes to retrieve the boat for its journey, they may come out to assess the cargo and give a more honest quote.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.