Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Mountain View, California
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Safe & Reliable Mountain View Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Welcome to the A-1 Auto Transport page for shipping a car in Mountain View! We have over 25 years experience as an auto shipping company and have put together this guide to help customers in Mountain View and Santa Clara County to better understand auto transport. In the sections below, you’ll find some helpful advice to guide your decision in choosing a company, as well as a directory of companies that move cars in the area.
Learn more about A-1 Auto Transport California shipping services.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Mountain View to San Francisco||$39||39 miles||1 – 2 days|
|Mountain View to Portland||$500||667 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Seattle to Mountain View||$630||840 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Chicago to Mountain View||$1082||2164 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Mountain View to Houston||$1138||1898 miles||5 – 7 days|
|New York to Mountain View||$1178||2946 miles||7 – 9 days|
|Mountain View to Miami||$1233||3084 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Using Mountain View Auto Transport Services
- Vehicle Pickup – When your vehicle is picked up by the driver and loaded onto the transport carrier, you will need to provide a set of keys. In the course of delivering several cars over a long distance, the driver will sometimes have to shuffle their order on the transport truck so they’re in the correct sequence to be unloaded. The U.S. Department of Transportation requires that a full set of keys be given to the driver, including keys for the trunk, glove box, and ignition. Any car alarm or anti theft device should be disabled before the driver picks up the vehicle.
- Inspection – The driver will inspect the vehicle for damages before it gets loaded onto the truck. The pre-shipment inspection is important and you should be present for it and review the details. The way that damages and disputes are resolved in the industry is by comparing the pre and post inspection reports that are noted on the bill of lading. (The bill of lading or B/L is an invoicing document used in the cargo transport industry–see link below for an example.) We advise our customers to make their own notes, even take photographs if they felt necessary so that they have their own records to compare with those of the auto shipper. It’s also a good idea to ask about a company’s damage and dispute resolution process.
View this PDF from the United Postal Service to get an idea of what a bill of lading looks like and what information it contains.
- Curb Weight – One of the main numbers used to dictate the cost of shipping a vehicle is its curb weight. There are some ways you can minimize the curb weight of your vehicle, but for the most part, it’s out of your control. One thing you might consider is if there are any removable seats or components of the vehicle that would reduce the overall weight. Keeping the gas level down is another way to reduce vehicle weight and most car shipping companies will request that you have no more than 1/4 of a tank in the car anyway. Any accessories or external components can and should be removed before the carrier picks up the vehicle. (For convertible owners, they need to be shipped with the top up and secured.)
Want to know more about local business and what they offer? Visit the official website for the City of Mountain View to learn more.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Mountain View Auto Transport Directory
Ellison’s Towing Inc
Ellison’s is a towing and transport company that’s been in business since 1929. They are family owned and operated and provide local auto transport services to and from Mountain View.
1957 Old Middlefield Way, Mountain View, CA 94043
Hansen Auto Transport Inc
Hansen Auto Transport Inc is a nationwide auto shipper with a local office in Milpitas. They are an experienced cross-country car shipper and maintain offices in Southern California and the Southeast.
650 Hammond Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
Dick’s Automotive Transport
In business in the South Bay since 1987, Dick’s Automotive Transport is a member of the California Tow Truck Association and has been a contracted two company with AAA since 1968. The provide transport services for many vehicle types, from motorcycles to classic cars to big rigs.
888 Camden Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
Mountain View includes ZIP codes:
94035, 94039, 94040, 94041, 94042, 94043.