- Auto Transport Companies Minnesota
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Delivery Service Near Me
- The Best Rated Car Transport Companies Minnesota Near Me
- Using Minnesota Car Transport Companies
- Shipping Car Out Of State Vehicle Transport Services
- International Auto Transport Mn
- Cheap Car Transportation Options In Minnesota
- Shipping Luxury And Classic Cars In Minnesota
- Minnesota Special Discounts For Auto Transport Industry
- Auto Transport Safety Measures In Minnesota
- Ship Car To Another State
- Cost To Ship Car To Another State
- Interstate Towing
- Transport Car To Another State
- How To Request A Price Estimate For Auto Transport Minnesota
- Car Movers Near Me
- Minnesota Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Express Auto Transport Inc
- Hasselbring Auto Transport Inc
- Minnesota Car Registration
- Vehicle Registration In Minnesota
- In-Person Registration
Auto Transport Companies Minnesota
Minnesota is perhaps most well-known as the heart of the Midwest – a place where chic cities (Minneapolis) and plenty of fresh air, expanses of natural scenery, and recreational opportunities collide to create a unique geographical location. It has been dubbed the “Land of 10,000 Lakes,” which is a testament to the wide open prairies, lush green spaces, and numerous water spaces available throughout the state.
This is definitely one of those places you visit with a car so that you can explore the state’s offerings at your own pace. It might be camping for a few days and then off to explore the urban chic offerings of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area. You might then venture back out to swim in a local watering hole or take a hike through one of the many deciduous forests. There is certainly no lack of adventure available in this part of the Midwest.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Minneapolis to Chicago||$408||408 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Columbus to Minneapolis||$573||764 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Minneapolis to Oklahoma City||$590||787 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Memphis to Minnesota||$739||985 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Minneapolis to San Antonio||$751||1252 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Massachusetts to Minnesota||$926||1544 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Minnesota to Oregon||$965||1608 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Phoenix to Minnesota||$1047||1745 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Minnesota to Miami||$1169||1948 miles||5 - 7 days|
|California to Minneapolis||$1025||2050 miles||6 - 8 days|
*Prices and times for Minnesota auto transport are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Delivery Service Near Me
The Best Rated Car Transport Companies Minnesota Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Minnesota? We won’t judge you if you’ve had just about enough of Minnesota Winters and are leaving from more sunshine in your life. If you’re gearing up for a move to greener pastures our team would love to help you with your car transport needs. Heading to Arizona or Florida? Maybe you’ve found a beautiful seaside town on the East coast and need help planning how to get your cars there. We are happy to help with just one of your vehicles or your whole fleet of cars depending on your vehicle situation, just let us know.
Using Minnesota Car Transport Companies
When you are looking to book Minnesota car transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Shop around: While there aren't a ton of Minnesota auto transport companies located in the state, many of the larger companies will still ship here, either to another depot or via a one-on-one exchange for your vehicle upon arrival. It’s worth it to do the research and find out what your options are for Minnesota auto transport, depending on where you plan to travel or relocate in Minnesota.
- Get ready to drive: There is so much to see in Minnesota, that you certainly don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to soak up as much of the state as possible. Check tire pressure, fluid amounts, and more in your vehicle, so that wherever you decide to let your adventure take you during your stint in the state, your car is just as ready as you are.
- Pay attention to rates: Sometimes, if there is not a depot for your auto transport company in question in your city where you are physically are, you may have to pay a surcharge. Make sure to take the company when you are booking for your auto transport whether or not this is the case and what that fee might be to deliver your car if you don’t have the option to pick it up.
Whether you are relocating to the area or planning to visit, just to have a look around and see what kind of adventure you can drum up, there is plenty to see and do via car in Minnesota. It’s all up to where your creativity, sense of adventure and navigational skill can take you.
Visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation website for more information on Minnesota auto transport and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Shipping Car Out Of State Vehicle Transport Services
A1 Auto Transport offers both short and long distance auto transport services for all types of vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, and boats. We have a fleet of both open and enclosed carriers which can be dispatched immediately to your Minnesota car shipping location.
We can ship your car anywhere in the United States, as well as abroad. We must discuss your Minnesota car shipping options before sending a carrier over, so especially if you’re on a schedule, the faster you call us the better.
International Auto Transport MN
International auto transport services can be handled via several ways:
- Plane: It’s the fastest way to ship an automobile but very rarely used due to the high price for auto shipping. It’s also very hard to find an airline willing to ship vehicles.
- Train: These are used more commonly than planes, but they face restrictions in terms of the places they can reach for vehicle shipping.
- Carrier: The most common auto transportation method on land. Most auto transport companies use them due to their flexibility, cheap usage price, and mobility. The truck driver will pickup the car from your door and make sure that your car reaches the destination.
- Ship: Over a mass of water, it’s preferable to ship your car on a ship than with a plane. Depending on the distance, it may take up to a month for it to reach the other shore, but the price is much more reasonable. They are also relatively easy to book and reliable auto shipping method.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Minnesota
Auto shipping costs depend on the type of vehicle you’re transporting, your circumstances, the distance, and several other factors. Thankfully, you can use these factors to your advantage to lower Minnesota auto transport costs.
For example, you can lower the distance by using a terminal to terminal service. Since the driver wastes a lot of time when driving to specific areas to pick up each car, this car transport service is much cheaper than the alternative.
When choosing between auto shipping carriers, open ones are definitely more affordable for car shipping. They can carry more cars at a time and are widely used throughout the country. You can use an enclosed carrier if you need the car to be protected from outside elements or you need it expedited, but the Minnesota car transport price is higher.
Auto transport prices are also dependent on a yearly cycle. During summer months when Minnesota auto transport requests are most frequent, the price is higher as well. During colder times of the year, seasonal offerings are put in place to encourage clients to ship their automobiles.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Minnesota
If your concern is having your antique or exotic vehicle transported safely to Minnesota, an enclosed auto carrier may be your most solid option. Though an open carrier is the most budget-friendly way for Minnesota car shipping, transporting classic and luxury vehicles requires special handling. Rather than going with a cheaper mode of auto transport, consider the benefits an enclosed carrier offers. It provides excellent protection from the elements, it’s equipped with air ride suspension and uses soft straps to ensure your luxury, antique, or exotic vehicle will arrive in Minnesota in the same condition it left.
Enclosed carriers come fully equipped with professionally trained handlers and are fully insured covering your vehicle. There is personalized attention and upscale treatment offered to every vehicle, and you can stay in touch during the transport process if you choose.
Minnesota Special Discounts for Auto Transport Industry
Military personnel stationed in Minnesota can ship a POV at a discounted price using our auto transport services. We also give special discounts to students who may need a vehicle for their daily commute, and to seniors who may not afford to pay the full price for Minnesota auto transport. Even if you’re not part of these categories, you can still check our seasonal discounts to make your auto transportation more affordable.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Minnesota
Safety concerns are natural when shipping expensive cars, though unnecessary. Similar to leaving it in a garage, your car is about as safe on a trailer.
Since it’s not running, it does not suffer from wear and tear. It does not accumulate mileage during Minnesota car transport. Potential problems, like flat tires and other mid journey repairs do not occur.
If a road accident does happen, regardless of who is at fault, you can recover your loss. Your vehicle is fully ensured during the Minnesota auto transport and you have the option of requesting extra insurance as well.
Ship Car To Another State
Cost to ship car to another state
If you're shipping your car to or from Minnesota, the most important factor affecting the cost is the distance the car needs to travel. The further the distance, the more it will cost to ship the car.
Other factors that can affect shipping costs include the size and weight of the car and any special shipping requirements (e.g., insurance, etc.).
A good online shipping calculator can give you a rough estimate of the cost of shipping your car to or from Minnesota. Keep in mind that the final cost may be higher or lower than the estimate, depending on actual shipping conditions.
If you're looking to have a vehicle towed to or from Minnesota, there are a few things you should know.
First, make sure you choose a reputable company that has experience with interstate towing to or from Minnesota. A lot of companies out there claim to be able to handle interstate towing, but not all of them provide equal service.
It's also important to keep in mind the different rules and regulations that apply in Minnesota and other states. Make sure you're familiar with the laws in both the state you're coming from and the state you're going to. A good shipping company should understand these regulations well.
Transport car to another state
There are a few things to keep in mind when transporting a car to another state from Minnesota. First, make sure the car is in good condition and roadworthy. You'll also want to get all the necessary paperwork in order, including a bill of sale and registration. Finally, it's important to plan your route carefully and allow plenty of time for rest stops and emergencies.
Alternatively, you can hire the services of a reputable car shipping company, like A-1 Auto Transport. We'll take care of everything, making the whole process easy for you.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate for Auto Transport Minnesota
On our website, you can find 2 main ways to receive a free quote: by phone or through our online business form. If you’re determined to book transport services or need one urgently, then calling us directly is the best way. If you’re still browsing around for the right auto shipping company, you can get an easy quote without the extra hassle of a conversation by using our Minnesota car shipping form.
Make sure you follow the business form’s instructions when using it. If you’re calling on phone, ask about our auto transport Minnesota discounts since some may apply to you. Some of our customers have also cut down on shipping services costs when a staff member managed to get them a better auto shipping deal.
We have best deals to ship your car in all Minnesota cities like Minneapolis, Saint Cloud, Saint Paul, Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Duluth, Rochester, etc.
Car Movers Near Me
Minnesota Auto Transport Companies Directory
Express Auto Transport Inc.
Express Auto Transport is situated in Shakopee and offers transport of both fleet vehicles as well as individual options. Those looking for a Minnesota car shipping company that can also transport boats and motorcycles can turn to Express as well. Licensed, bonded, and insured nationwide auto shippers with great BBB accredited customer reviews. Transports automobiles, vans, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, boats, heavy equipment, and other household goods with their open and enclosed auto transport carriers.
7700 County Road 101 E # 3, Shakopee, Minnesota
Hasselbring Auto Transport Inc.
Hasselbring has years of experience in the car shipping business and offers dealer shipping, for companies that need to get a large group of cars to a location in a hurry. However, individuals in need of a transport delivery option can also take advantage of the auto transport services offered by Hasselbring. Transports automobiles, vans, SUVs, motorcycles, boats and other heavy hauling. Ships to all major cities like Brooklyn park, South Dakota, Twin cities, Maple grove, Saint Paul, Saint cloud, Duluth, Rochester, Minneapolis area, etc.
1124 23rd Avenue North, St. Cloud, Minnesota
Minnesota Car Registration
The requirements needed for a car registration with the Minnesota DVS are your ID or driver's license, your car title, certificate of vehicle insurance, payment of all associated registration fees, and odometer reading. MN Registration can be completed either by mail or in person.
If you’ve just established your residency in Minnesota and have a valid car registration in another state, you have sixty days to complete a vehicle registration with the Minnesota DVS.
- You need to visit the DVS and register your vehicle before your car registration from the other state expires.
- It is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle in MN, so if expired already or if your license plates were turned over prior to moving to Minnesota, you are required to register your vehicle before driving it around the north state.
The following must be presented:
- Certificate of car ownership (present registration card or original copy of vehicle title);
- Proof of ID;
- A vehicle odometer reading;
- If applicable, a leasing agreement copy;
- Certificate of MN car insurance.
Make sure to submit an application for a Minnesota driver license. If you are a new MN resident and need assistance registering your car, please speak with the MN DVS office in your locality.
Vehicle Registration in Minnesota
You need to register your vehicle with the MN DVS before you can legally drive, operate, or park your car on public locations. You may complete the registration process either by mail or in person, and it needs to be renewed annually. Rules are same for all cities like Rochester, St Paul, North Minnesota, etc.
You must visit the DVS office in your locality if you opt to complete the registration in person. Please prepare and submit the following to get final inspection report:
- The original copy of your vehicle title, or an up-to-date car registration card;
- Proof of ID (birth certificate, driver’s license, etc.);
- A car odometer reading;
- Certificate of car insurance;
- If applicable, submit a duplicate of either your POA or lease agreement from the owner or lessor, together with their company’s MN Tax Identification Number;
- Payment for all applicable fees.
For your convenience, make sure to always keep your MN license plates, proof of car registration, and registration decals on your car.
Registration by Mail
You can complete your vehicle registration via mail if you’re not able to complete the process at a MN DVS office.
Mail the following:
- Certificate of ownership,
- Car odometer reading,
- Payment for registration fees (money order or mail only).
It takes a maximum of ten days for the DMV to complete your MN vehicle registration. Once completed, they will send your license plates and new vehicle registration certificate through mail delivery.
Address changes are permitted during registration. You must enter your details on the application form’s back. Name change requests need to be accomplished in person.
All applicants are required to pay for standard license plates and administrative fees, which may include:
- Truck and passenger vehicle plates:
- $6 dual plates,
- $4.50 Single plates (collector automobiles with year 1972 or older);
- $10: Filing fee;
- $4.50: Moped or motorcycle plates;
- $20 max: any applicable wheelage tax.
Other fees for MN car registration may vary depending on your car’s age and value (automobiles that are ten years or older require a $35 minimum payment). Registration tax for mopeds cost $6, while motorcycles cost $10.
Minnesota Service Members and Car Registration Outside the State
If you’re a military member or a student/non-resident in MN who resides out of state, it’s not necessary to complete a MN vehicle registration if you have an up-to-date registration in your own state.
Tax exemption on car registration for Minnesota service members
If you are a MN resident and an active service member stationed abroad or outside of state, you are eligible for a registration tax exemption for the duration of your military service. You will also be provided with a 90-day tax exemption period after completing your military obligations. You need to be either the vehicle owner or the co-owner. Also, the vehicle must be registered in MN during your military service.
If you plan to take advantage of the exemption, you must send your military orders’ duplicate and your vehicle registration by mail to the MN DVS. Do not forget to state your areas and dates of active service overseas or outside of MN.
MN license plates
Registering your vehicle in MN includes the option to either get standard, specialized, or personalized license plates for an extra fee. A myriad of themes may be chosen for the plates, from veteran/military service to collegiate pride.
Services And Information
Other Minnesota Resources
Minnesota.gov - official government website for the state of Minnesota.
Minnesota Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Minnesota.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I ship my car to Minnesota?
Car shipping to Minnesota is an easy process with A1 Auto transport services. We pickup the car from your door and take it to its destination. Get your car arrived to any location like Maple grove, Saint Paul, Brooklyn Park, Duluth, Rochester, etc. Simply use our online form or give a phone call to the A-1 Auto Transport expert at 800-452-2880 to get personalized auto shipping services in Minnesota.
How much does it cost for Minnesota Transport Services?
Minnesota auto delivery service cost depends upon on distance and vehicle type. For instance, shipping a car from Minnesota to Chicago will cost about $400. But, sending a car from California to Rochester will run about $1,025. Shipping rates are different for cities like Duluth, Maple grove, Saint Paul, Rochester, and others.
How long will it take to ship my car to or from Minnesota?
Minnesota transport services takes up to five days. For example, a delivery from Columbus to Duluth usually requires three to four days. But, a cross-country destination may take seven to nine days. No deposit required to get a free quote by calling our toll free phone number or using the helpful links on our website.
What extra motor carrier services are available in Minnesota?
For newer or expensive automobiles, choose enclosed delivery services that are fully insured. You can also opt for a door to door Minnesota service to get your car picked from the comfort of your home. A fully insured auto transport helps you claim for any losses.
What extra services are available for shipping my car?
In most cases, your vehicle will ship on an open trailer where it may be exposed to road debris and the elements. If you have a new or high-value car, consider upgrading to an enclosed shipping service. Many of our customers also choose door-to-door shipping, which provides more specific pick-up and drop-off appointments.
Are there any cost-saving options for shipping my car?
We’ll always suggest ways to reduce your car shipping costs. Of course, our focus is on providing quality service. So, some flexibility with delivery time or shipping distance can yield cost savings. For example, instead of door-to-door shipping, choose terminal-to-terminal service, which involves close-by freight centers. Also, a standby appointment offers reduced costs in exchange for waiting a couple of days for the next available shipment.
How do I prepare my car for shipment?
Follow these simple steps to prepare your vehicle for shipping.
- Tighten non-secure items: Loose items like an antenna or wobbly body trim can easily be damaged during transport. Take a few minutes to fix any non-secure things.
- Wash your car: Before transport, clean your vehicle inside and out to spot pre-existing damages like dings and scratches more easily.
- Confirm operating order: To avoid delays or other issues during transport, ensure your vehicle starts and runs without any problems. This includes checking battery condition and tire pressure. At the same time, the engine and transmission should be leak-free.
- Get extra keys: if needed, have an extra set of car keys made. You’ll need to give one set to the shipping company and will want to have one set on hand as a backup.
- Remove important items: Before transport, take out any free-standing gear like a GPS device or audio player. This is also an excellent time to remove parking passes or other important papers. Be sure to grab toll transponders, so there are no unexpected charges.
- Lower fuel level: As your car will only be used for short periods during transport, keep the gas tank one-quarter full or less.
- Take pictures: You’ll want to have a record of your car’s condition before transport. To do this, take plenty of interior and exterior images at hand-off time with the shipping company.
Who regulates car shipping companies in Minnesota?
Vehicle transportation businesses that operate within Minnesota are regulated by the Office of Freight & Commercial Vehicle Operations, part of the state’s Department of Transportation. The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration overseas shipping firms that serve multiple states or use larger trucks.
How can I check a Minnesota car shippers license?
Reach out to the Office of Freight & Commercial Vehicle Operations at 651-215-6330 to check a shipper’s status in Minnesota. The federal status of interstate shipping businesses or companies that use trucks above 10,000 pounds can be checked via the US DOT website.