It’s important to understand the cultural and legal differences when traveling outside the U.S., but especially if you’ll be driving outside the country. In addition to standard road safety, international motorcycle riding means you need to be familiar with the traffic laws and street signs, many of which are different from what you may be familiar with.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Motorcycle
|New York, NY to (New York port) to Germany||$275||$365||5+19|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to UK||$350||$700||5+32|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to New Zealand||$450||$450||5+26|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to Puerto Rico||$475||$600||6+20|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Hawaii||$550||$370||6+15|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to Spain||$550||$365||5+19|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Argentina||$575||$515||6+26|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Costa Rica||$675||$650||6+16|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Belgium||$925||$370||7+18|
|Dallas, TX to (California port) to Australia||$1,025||$400||7+30|
- *Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of motorcycle.
- *Save the ground transport cost by delivering the motorcycle to the nearest port.
- *Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
- *Prices are for 1 motorcycle in a shared 20ft container.
International Motorcycle Shipping Options
- Roro (Roll on, roll off) - Roll on, roll off service is a popular method for shipping any type of vehicle that involves travel by ship. Essentially, your motorcycle is driven onto the shipping boat, secured internally with a built-in mechanism or using tie downs and skids.
- Crated - Crated motorcycle shipping is a secure and affordable way to transport a bike internationally. The way it works is that your bike is fastened tightly inside a crate, enclosed securely, and then placed on a pallet before transport. (This can also be called palletized motorcycle shipping).
- Container - Containerized motorcycle transport is a cost-effective way to ship multiple bikes at once. Container shipping may be done with the use of crating, or it can mean securing the motorcycle inside a container by using straps and tie downs to make sure it stays put throughout the course of delivery.
- Door to door - Even for international transport, having a motorcycle shipped right to your door is an option. Naturally, it will cost more than if you picked it up at a local terminal or port, but it’s the ultimate in convenience for long distance vehicle transport. Door-to-door motorcycle shipping is ideal for delivery of rare, high-end or classic bikes.
- Port to port - A more affordable overseas shipping option than door-to-door is the port to port delivery option. Shipping a motorcycle from one port to another requires that you to pick up your bike at the destination point, which can be a shipping port or a delivery terminal.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your motorcycle internationally.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your motorcycle internationally.
Resources For International Motorcycle Shipping
World’s Best Motorcycle Rides - An article from CNN.com that details 10 of the best motorcycle rides in the world. From exotic bike trips through Morocco to Australia’s Shipwreck Coast to California’s Pacific Coast Highway, there’s something for everyone in this informative piece.
Motorcycle Rides, Rallies & Events - A listing of motorcycle events from all over the world. You can search events by date or use the interactive map to find motorcycle rides and rallies in different countries around the world.
Related Information & FAQ
- How much will state to state shipping of your bike cost you?
- Quotes calculator - get the quotes of motorcycle shippers
- I need my motorcycle shipped
- Worldwide motorcycle shipping
- Transporting motorcycle by plane
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
All Terrain Vehicles / ATVsBest Door to Door Exotic Car Transport ServicesBest Enclosed Exotic Car Shipping ServicesBest Exotic Car Shipping RatesBoats & Yachts (Overseas)Car and Motorcycle National Transportation ServicesCar Delivery ServicesCar Pick-Up And Delivery ServiceCar TransportationClassic & Antique CarsDaily Direct Motorcycle TransportDoor To Door, Pickup DropoffElectric Auto Transport ServicesEnclosed / CoveredFor DealersFreight Shipping & Heavy Cargo TransportGolf CartsHeavy Vehicle TransportHot Rod Auto TransportInternational / RoRoInterstate Car TowingJet Ski Shipping & Transport ServicesLong Distance Moving ServicesLuxury VehiclesMilitary & Armed Forces
- All Terrain Vehicles / ATVsBest Door to Door Exotic Car Transport ServicesBest Enclosed Exotic Car Shipping ServicesBest Exotic Car Shipping RatesBoats & Yachts (Overseas)Car and Motorcycle National Transportation ServicesCar Delivery ServicesCar Pick-Up And Delivery ServiceCar TransportationClassic & Antique CarsDaily Direct Motorcycle TransportDoor To Door, Pickup DropoffElectric Auto Transport ServicesEnclosed / CoveredFor DealersFreight Shipping & Heavy Cargo TransportGolf CartsHeavy Vehicle TransportHot Rod Auto TransportInternational / RoRoInterstate Car TowingJet Ski Shipping & Transport ServicesLong Distance Moving ServicesLuxury VehiclesMilitary & Armed Forces
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August