Best Washington Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Whether you are moving across the street, across town, across the state, or across the country, you will realize that moving is tough! You need to organize and pack up everything you own. You have to either rent a moving van or borrow a truck, and no matter how big it is, it won’t be big enough. Something always gets broken, something else gets lost (and it is always something important that will cost you money!) and there will be at least one minor injury like a toe that got a dresser dropped on it. These things are just a given when you attempt to deal with a move by yourself.
Moving out of Washington doesn’t have to be this difficult. You could consider hiring a professional moving company to help you. They are experienced and can deal with your boxes and furniture so you don’t have to (and so no one ends up with a broken toe.)
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Seattle to Portland||158 miles||$1,986- $2,458||$3,782- $5,418||1-2|
|San Jose to Seattle||730 miles||$2,838- $3,568||$5,604- $8,141||3-5|
|Tacoma to Las Vegas||857 miles||$3,002- $3,780||$5,945- $8,642||3-5|
|Denver to Tacoma||1024 miles||$3,244- $4,096||$6,468- $9,428||4-6|
|Kent to Dallas||1676 miles||$3,883- $4,928||$7,830- $11,458||5-7|
|Chicago to Seattle||1740 miles||$4,021- $5,109||$8,131- $11,914||5-7|
|Indianapolis to Kent||1873 miles||$4,091- $5,199||$8,272- $12,118||5-7|
|Seattle to Atlanta||2184 miles||$4,430- $5,640||$8,998- $13,205||6-8|
|Tacoma to New York||2411 miles||$4,876- $6,225||$9,975- $14,686||7-9|
|Miami to Seattle||2733 miles||$5,082- $6,490||$10,392- $15,286||7-9|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Washington? We know a cross country move can bring a series of emotions like excitement and sad goodbyes. There is also a slew of things that have to get done before you go like changing your mailing address, getting your electricity turned off and on, and then scheduling your moving day. If you’re seeking information about using our services to help you move, we are glad you’re here. We have a lot of resources on our site to help you plan or prepared to move.
Hundreds of people have trusted their move with us because we treat their items like they’re our own. We carry all the right insurance coverage and follow national regulations giving you even more confidence in the job we can do for you. When you work with us, we walk you through your move step by step and use a straightforward process with no hidden fees. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Washington Long Distance Movers
It is important to do the proper research before hiring a moving company. You’re trusting them with everything you own, so you want to make sure you are dealing with an excellent company.
- Check the company’s reputation online: Sites like Yelp or Google reviews can be incredibly valuable when looking for a moving company. Look for reviews where an issue occurred and how the company handled it to get an idea of what you can expect if something were to go wrong.
- Years in the business: Make sure the company doing your move has an established business history, that way you know you are dealing with a reputable and trustworthy group of professionals.
- Registered with the DOT: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- How much insurance does the company provide: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Additional services available: There are a whole host of services that moving companies can provide. You should see what types of services the company you have chosen will provide and how much extra it will call.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- Student/campus moves
- Door to door moving
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services (Vehicle Relocations)
- Cheap Washington movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Washington Long Distance Movers?
There are a lot of factors that go into determining the total cost of hiring a moving company. The services you have chosen, like any type of packing and unpacking, will raise your price. Things like moving during a peak season or a steep increase in fuel prices may also affect the total. For an accurate quote, you should be prepared to call a few different moving companies. Most will happily provide a free estimate.
Basics of Signing a Mover’s Contract
- Make sure all services and charges are spelled out clearly on your agreement.
- Check all information to make sure it is correct. Ensure all addresses and phone numbers are right.
- Look at your company’s policy on damage. Will they pay you for the full replacement or do they only cover the minimum?
Helpful Moving Hints
- Never stack all your boxes together in one place. Make sure they are all in the rooms they were packed in for the movers to grab on moving day.
- Any valuables should be kept with you.
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list. Check the condition of the items noted on it. If you have any disagreements, be sure to bring it up with the company.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover items damaged during a move.
International Moving Services in Washington
Moving services may charge slightly more than what doing things on your own would cost. However, the extra price will ensure a higher degree of safety, peace of mind, and a lot of saved time.
Our packing procedure is time tested and extremely efficient. Not only will your property be safe, but we'll take care of it in a short amount of time.
When working with us, you'll have peace of mind knowing everything is safe. You can call for updates at any time. You'll also be covered with an insurance policy in case an accident happens.
Finally, the time you'll save through our services is invaluable. Instead of traveling across several countries for several weeks, you can use this time for something else. You won't have to worry about unexpected expenses, lodging, food, accidents, etc.
Washington Cross Country Movers for Hire
Washington Moving Labor Services
Mountain Moving & Storage
9413 47th Avenue Southwest A Building 14
Lakewood, WA 98499
Hansen Bros. Moving & Storage
10750 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98133
Washington Storage Facility Directory
Clock Tower Self Storage- Marysville
8119 State Ave.
Marysville, WA 98270
Storage Court of Monroe
16825 Tye St. SE
Monroe, WA 98272
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org