Transport a Car to the Caribbean
The act of shipping a car to the Caribbean is a job that’s best left to an international auto transport company. Make sure that you hire a car shipper with international transport experience and that they are constantly in touch with the changes made to foreign import policies. They should maintain a positive reputation with the BBB and carry all other local, state and federal licensing and certifications.
The Caribbean’s import policies are a little less strict than most other nations. Nevertheless, you must abide by the standards and restrictions set by the country if you wish to have your car imported from the U.S. As a shipping customer, you’ll need to provide the Customs office with the proof demanded by the Caribbean government. Some of the proof needed includes the proof of paid taxes. Some of the taxes you can expect to pay include a 15-20% tax as well as smaller taxes such as the GCT (General Consumption Tax).
Preparing for Your Car’s Transport to the Caribbean
Since the Caribbean is surrounded by vast ocean waters, there are many seaports for your car to be sent to. Not all seaports except open air shipping methods but a longstanding transporter will be aware of this. Getting a vehicle permitted into the country is relatively easier than most other countries. However, there is still a great deal of work that must be accomplished before the vehicle makes its way to the islands.
- Start gathering proof required by Customs
- Make sure the vehicle type is allowed into the country
- Get all recommended inspections done
- Pay all of the tariffs and duties
- Prep the vehicle according to the auto transport company
- Find rides to the ports or terminals where your car must be dropped off or picked up at
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?