- Thailand International Moving Services
- Moving To Thailand Cost & Time Examples
- Can You Import Household Goods Without Paying Duty?
- Will Customs Require Specific Paperwork?
- Can You Import A Vehicle Without Paying Duty?
- Will Customs Require Specific Paperwork For Your Vehicle?
- Our Thailand International Moving Services
- What Makes Us Different?
- Contact Us Today!
Thailand International Moving Services
While moving to the neighborhood might seem like an easy task that involves mobilizing a few friends and getting a truck, it is a much more serious task that requires professional help. International moving is in fact a complicated exercise that involves several logistics. You need a company that is licensed and has the experience in offering moving services the world over. At A-1 Auto Transport, shipping is what we know best and are equipped to offer you Thailand International Moving Services.
Moving to Thailand Cost & Time Examples
|Los Angeles to Bangkok||$4,500- $6,200||$8,500- $11,400||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Nonthaburi||$4,500- $6,200||$8,500- $11,400||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Bangkok||$4,700- $6,500||$9,000- $12,000||5-7 weeks|
|New York to Bangkok||$4,900- $6,500||$9,100- $12,300||6-8 weeks|
|Miami to Nonthaburi||$4,900- $6,700||$9,100- $12,300||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Nonthaburi||$5,400- $7,300||$10,100- $13,600||6-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Bangkok||$5,400- $7,300||$9,900- $13,300||5-7 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Bangkok||$4,800- $6,600||$9,200- $12,400||6-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Bangkok||$5,800- $7,800||$10,600- $14,400||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Bangkok||$6,800- $9,200||$12,400- $16,800||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Before you move, there are a few considerations you need to make. One, you need to be sure of the person transporting your items. Are they aware of Thai’s regulations and laws governing transportation? Second, choose a service provider who should be in a position to advise on the best packaging, what to avoid and what is necessary. Opt for a company that has been tested before and has worked in different countries with varied experiences. Moving internationally has its challenges. Here you are dealing with customs regulations, language barriers, global security requirements and a need for precise punctuality and coordination. You need someone with a worldwide network.
Can you import household goods without paying duty?
You’re permitted to bring in a single shipment via water and one via air, without paying the import duties that are typically charged. To be eligible for duty relief, these shipments should enter the country no later than six months after you relocate to Thailand. Customs also requires that the goods be used, and you won’t be granted exemption on more than one of each type of appliance (such as a washing machine). You may also need to have a business visa (class B) and possess a valid Work Permit good for at least one year (1).
However, it’s not clear whether those criteria are mandatory to obtain duty relief. Another well-informed source asserts that only personal items are granted exemption, and duty is charged on any other type of household items (2). With such confusion concerning this question, you’re advised to ask customs for a more concrete answer.
Will customs require specific paperwork?
Be prepared to give customs a full packing list, valid Work Permit and your passport. A visa good for at least 12 months is also required, if you wish to receive duty exemption. The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for the shipment must also be shown, along with a 90 day class B (business) visa (3). This last requirement is a little confusing, as a one year visa is listed as a prerequisite for exemption. However, class B visas may be treated differently, so you should speak with customs to learn more.
Customs will request a detailed inventory as well, and this must include monetary values for your goods. Keep in mind that this document should be received by customs agents beforehand, as they need it to determine import duties. The police within Thailand must issue written authorization to reside within the country as well (4).
Can you import a vehicle without paying duty?
Unless you have diplomatic status, it won’t be possible to obtain duty exemption on your vehicle. Not only is duty relief unavailable – the charges imposed by customs are significant. You can expect to pay between 213% – 308% in import duties, when bringing a vehicle into Thailand. To further complicate matters, the odds that you’ll receive the required Import License are low – as very few are issued to foreigners.
If you still wish to attempt importation of your vehicle, then customs requires you to have purchased it a minimum of 1.5 years ago. A valid visa and Work Permit are also mandatory, and these either must have been issued one year ago or be good for the next year (this isn’t clear). If you do succeed in importing the vehicle, you’re prohibited from selling it for the next three years (5).
Will customs require specific paperwork for your vehicle?
You will need the Original Bill of Lading, the vehicle’s Registration Certificate and a valid passport (6). Your driver’s license and an Import License issued by the Ministry of Commerce are also required. Customs may request a DP1 document issued by the Thai consulate in your origin country – though this may only be for diplomats (7). It seems that additional written permission by the Ministry of Commerce must be obtained, before you even ship the vehicle from your origin country. The vehicle’s title and purchase receipt should also be shown, when bringing your vehicle into Thailand (8).
Since customs regulations are subject to change, and not all of the pertinent details have been discussed above – you’re urged to speak with customs directly. They can provide you with the latest information, so you don’t experience any unexpected complications during processing.
Our Thailand International Moving Services
No other company has received respect for Thailand International Moving Services with an unparalleled worldwide network in nearly all countries of the world. Our detailed international removals services have helped millions of people internationally enjoy an easy time through this rather complicated exercise making their movement from one country to another smooth.
Having this global presence allows us to provide multilingual assistance from our experienced staff throughout the world. By choosing us, you are opting for a reliable partner who is ready to walk with you enabling you to overcome every obstacle.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
We have top of the range tracking system that will enable you to monitor the movement of your items and ensure they follow the recommended routes. We pave the way for a smooth customs clearance with expeditious international moving services. Our experts will help you estimate the shipping costs for your destinations.
The wide range of services offered includes:
- Safe transportation of all types of cars.
- Shipping of military and armed forces vehicles.
- Domestic and international transport of motorcycles.
- Secure packaging of all your items then door-to-door pick-up and drop-off.
- Heavy equipment shipping services
- State-to-state moving
- Boats and yacht moving RVs and motorhomes
- Freight shipping services
What makes us different?
- Free quote online: At A-1 Auto Transport, you have the convenience of getting your quotes online free-of-charge. This applies to both domestic and international quotes. Our customer service team is available throughout and you can call them directly to get a quote. We care for your time and money that is why we go a long way into ensuring that you make a saving even as you enjoy the best of services.
- Freedom to choose your delivery method: With us, you are at liberty to choose the best way for you to have the item delivered. The most preferred method being door-to-door where you select the pick-up point and the destination. Our licensed driver will deliver all your office or household items to the agreed location. You are at liberty to authorize us to deliver it to a safe terminal where it is kept securely until you pick it up. We also offer a variety of services like enclosed auto transport trailer shipper services for the high-value cars that need special attention.
- Insurance cover: Shipping across states or countries comes with some basic requirements without which it is impossible. Our Thailand International Moving Services ensures you are fully covered when making a move to your new destination. We provide a certificate of insurance, which includes amounts for liability, workers compensation, cargo limits, and other deductibles. We will allow you to scrutinize the cover documents and see whether your vehicle will be fully covered, if not you can request for an increase in cover. We have been shipping cars all over the world for over 20 years and have the details on regulations for all countries. Rest assured, we have got you covered.
Contact us today!
Moving your valuables does not have to be that stressful. Peace of mind is essential even during the difficult and critical moments. You don’t have to be anxious whenever you want to move from one place to another within Thailand or even to other countries. A-1 Auto Transport has got you sorted with all logistics. Contact us here and get an instant quote and fill-out the form above.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Thailand” page.
-Note that customs only requires you to have purchased the vehicle one year
ago (not 1.5 years), according to:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Thailand” page
- Found on Atlhttp://www.iamovers.org/ResourcesPublications/CountryGuides.aspx?ItemNumber=3521 as Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Thailand” page.
- Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Thailand” page.