Car Shipping Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai is located in Thailand and is the capital of Chiang Mai Province. It lays close to the Ping River which is a major route taken for a variety of trade. It is one of the major cities in the country and in recent years, the city has grown economically while tourism has prospered.
If you want to import a vehicle to Thailand, You may be overwhelmed by all the documentation and paperwork needed in order to successfully import your vehicle. You need a reliable company that you can trust to assist you in every step. First, the process will begin with the paperwork needed. The transport company will need to know if you are importing on a temporary basis or a permanent basis. If you plan to keep your vehicle there for as little as six months or less, you may want to just apply for a temporary import. If you plan to keep it there for more than six months, you will need to go with the permanent process instead.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
If you are importing on a temporary basis, you will not be expected to pay any customs duties, fees, or taxes. You will simply need to have a bank guarantee it for you or make a cash deposit that can be secured in the amount of everything. If the vehicle is exported out within the six month period, the importer will then return the deposit.
- Five copies of a special good declaration.
- Current vehicle registration.
- Commercial invoice of purchase.
- Contract stating re-export details.
- Application completed requesting temporary import.
- Driver license and passport of the owner of the vehicle.
Steps to import your vehicle.
- Submit all the necessary documentation needed to the Customs at the Port of Entry (Submission can be made by you or by the transport agency that represents you)
- Customs will check off on all documentation received and assign a declaration number to your import application. They will then determine the amount you will need to pay in taxes and duties.
- The transport service will then issue Customs a cash deposit or guarantee from the bank that will cover all the fees estimated for import.
- The transport service will then need to provide proof that all deposits have been made and everything has been checked out.
- Customs will then inspect the vehicle as well as all belongings brought in with the imported vehicle if any. One copy of Goods Declaration will be issued to the importer, which will present the copy once the vehicle is exported.
Importing on a Permanent Basis.
If you are importing your vehicle to Thailand on a permanent basis, the procedure is a little different. The import permit from the Foreign Trade Department of the Ministry of Commerce will be required before your vehicle can be shipped. Additionally, there is a lot of paperwork that has to be completed which includes:
- Import permit for a car that is used.
- Import Good Declaration (make three copies of this).
- Vehicle registration on used cars.
- Bill of Lading.
- House Certificate for used cars as well as an ID card.
- Commercial invoice.
- Release order.
- Insurance Invoice.
You are required to submit all the documentation listed above to the Customs at the Port of Entry. The Thai Customs will then check all the documentation and assign the vehicle import a declaration number and calculate all dues. It is essential that the importer pays the office all the total monies due. The shipper will then show the receipt where everything was paid to Customs and have the vehicle released. As you see, there is an extensive amount of paperwork required in order to transport. You need to hire a transport company that will handle the procedure for you. It's important to hire someone who has the knowledge needed to import vehicles to Thailand.
There are two different ways to ship a vehicle Roll On/ Roll Off method and the container shipping method. Both ways are acceptable but the Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most practical. The Roll On/ Roll Off method uses ramps to drive the vehicle onto the ship and the roll it off when the ship reaches Thailand. The vehicle will need to be completely empty except for floor mats, car jack, and a spare tire for this method. You can choose to ship several vehicles or a vehicle and your personal belongings in a container. You can even fill up your vehicle with your belongings inside the container.