How To Ship Your Gray
With the new house bought and all set for the move, what remains is the small matter of moving that vintage Gray all the way cross country to the new home. Should you decide on a car shipping company to do it, here are a few pointers on what to look for.
Ask for the auto shipping company’s registration and licensing. The auto transport company must be compliant with the legal standards set for the shipping industry. Ask them for details of their registration and licensing, their USDOT number and details of their licensing in the specific states in which they operate. Additionally, and especially for overseas shipping companies, it might be useful to choose a company that is affiliated with a professional organization, like FIDI, RIM or AMSA. Such organizations hold their members to higher standards than the rest.
Loading is an important aspect of the car shipping process. Even though companies offer different variations, there are two basic types, door to door and terminal based loading services. In door to door, the carrier or container is brought to one’s home and loaded on location. Terminal or warehouse based shipping involves driving the vehicle to a nearby warehouse, from where it will be shipped to another warehouse and picked up. Door to door is convenient for the individuals with busy schedules, or those that have vehicles that are not in drivable condition. On the other hand, one might find terminal based loading cheap if they have the time and resources to drop and pick up their vehicle at both ends of the journey.
Technological advancements of the day allow shipping companies to keep track of everything that happens in transit. Choose an auto transport company that makes available this technology to its customers, giving them the opportunity to keep track of their vehicles every step of the way, whether locally or interstate. However, keep in mind that for some companies, this might mean having to pay more for the services. Confirm whether the tracking is included in the overall fee, or whether one has to pay for it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
How much does it cost? The influence of the size of the overall quotation on the choice of shipping company cannot be understated. Ask for quotes before committing to anything, and confirm the payment details. Are they inclusive of insurance and tracking capabilities or does one have to pay extra for these? Are there are other additional charges. For those whipping to and from overseas locations, will the company cover customs costs and processes? What will be the additional cost for these?
Whenever you choose our company for your auto transport needs, you will be guaranteed these and so much more. We offer clients the following;
- The chance to develop long term relationships with us through reward schemes and discounts
- Comprehensive pre-shipping advice
- Affordable rates
- Timely and clear communication and answers
- A committed customer care service available all through the day, night and weekends
- Different auto shipping options including air, freight, rail and road. We also have open and enclosed carriers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?