Ship Car To Europe
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Ship Car To Or From Europe
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Car transport costs to Europe from the U.S. can range from $1,200 to $5,000, largely depending on where the vehicle is being shipped to and from.
- Distance has a lot to do with the price range so cars shipped from the East Coast to Western Europe have the lowest costs.
Car Shipping To Europe From The USA: What You Really Need To Know
- No matter what type of clearance you have, your car will be on a visa of its own: an auto tourist via. Therefore, you must own it outright with a title in hand or have documentation from the lien-holder stating it is okay for you to import the vehicle into your country of choice.
- You must obtain temporary holiday insurance with a European company in order to legally drive your car around in any of the countries in the Union.
- Shipping a custom vehicle in an enclosed container? It’s going to cost you roughly $2,000 more to ship it than the more traditional form of shipping.
- Shipping your car via air for quicker shipping? Then, be prepared to pay up to $10,000 more, depending on the weight of your vehicle and where it is going in Europe.
- Luxury cars may cost more in fees; for instance, for some vehicles, when shipping to Germany, there is a larger tax on rare or expensive vehicles than there is on more traditional vehicles. This fee is often refunded upon leaving the country.
We Can Help with Your Auto Transport!
Shipping overseas can be much more nerve wracking than shipping domestically. Often, it is hard to schedule shipping at the same time of travel, which means your vehicle is traveling and arriving well before or after you. We can help make the process much more seamless and help to put you at ease for finding a company and seeing the process through from start to finish.
One of the methods that can be used when shipping a vehicle to Europe is the method of Rolling On, then Rolling Off. This occurs when shipping is done via boat and the car in question is driven onto the ship versus being loaded onto a container, which is then loaded onto the ship. Think of it as ferry-style shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Europe
- Proof of ownership
- Registration certificate & copy of title
- Vehicle license
- Proof of insurance
- Commercial invoice
Financials on Shipping to Europe: Taxes and Fees
You must be prepared to pay tax when you ship your vehicle overseas to Europe. As of 2013, the fee breakdown is as such:
- New cars: Shipping to Europe for a new car is 17.5% of value-added tax
- Dutiable rate: 10%
* Cars that have been owned for at least six months in the U.S. will not be charged a value-added tax
Tips for Shipping Your Car to Europe
It is key that you do not make plans with an auto shipping to Europe carrier to move your vehicle to an overseas location until you have confirmed that you do have a visa for yourself, an auto visa for your vehicle and that you have identified a car shipping company that specializes in a move of this magnitude.
The Federal Maritime Commission should license your chosen auto shipping company. This ensures that they not only have the experience in moving vehicles to Europe but also they have the monetary bond in which to do so.
You also need to know the rules on shipping from the U.S. For instance, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency has a policy on the regulation of products leaving the country to ensure that they are legit and legal. Check on requirements for exporting something out of the country so that you are properly prepared.
When you are shipping a vehicle to Europe, it is important that you know where the nearest terminal is located and how much it will be to get to your new home or the place in which you are staying for the duration of your trip from the terminal. Mapping out this information well in advance can help you to anticipate some of the added costs to the shipping fees. Additionally, you must get documentation before the shipping company can ship your vehicle. For example, you must fill out a Declaration of Dangerous Goods and Shipper Export Declaration.
Related Information & FAQs
- Safely ship your car from the US to Europe with an overseas transporter
- How to ship a motorcycle to Europe?
- Import vehicle into USA from Western Europe
- How to import a car into Europe from the USA
- Can I drive a US plated car in Europe?
- Can I drive my car in Europe?
- Car shipping to Europe price
- Cheapest way to ship a car to Europe
- Exporting a vehicle from USA to Europe
- Ship a car to Europe for vacation