Safe And Reliable Connecticut Car Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
If you are looking for a much slower pace of life, then Connecticut might just be the place where you can find it. There are rolling hills, small and medium-sized towns and just a more serene sense of place here. In fact, many people opt to relocate here from the major cities in the northeast hub with good reason: the state, on the whole, is very family-oriented and provides clean and wholesome living. Whether you are planning a visit to Quaker country to glimpse life in yesteryear or want to peruse the various towns in search of some place to possibly live, you’ll want to have your trusty vehicle with you to explore.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|North Carolina to Bridgeport||$427||569 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Bridgeport to Columbus||$452||602 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Florida to Connecticut||$763||1272 miles||4 - 6 days|
|New Haven to Oklahoma City||$922||1536 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Connecticut to Texas||$1117||1862 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Phoenix to Connecticut||$1004||2510 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Bridgeport to Oregon||$1118||2796 miles||7 - 9 days|
|Los Angeles to Connecticut||$1146||2865 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Shipping Companies Near Me
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Connecticut? States are closer together in the northeast, making a nearby transport not as tough on your car. However, if you plan to move outside of the Northeast, Connecticut may feel like a lifetime away from everywhere. No matter how close or far away you need a vehicle moved, we are here to help with a team of professional drivers. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare brokerages and carriers with trucks in your area right now.
Tips For Using Connecticut Car Transport Companies
Since many people use their vehicles to move to Connecticut from the city, there are several options to keep in mind when it comes to Connecticut car transport.
- Get the most affordable means of transport possible: Since you don’t have far to go, there’s no sense paying a ton of money to ship your car, trucks, vans or SUV. If you are coming right from the city, then look for an affordable Connecticut car shipping company that can get the job done in a timely fashion. Go to online auto transport review sites, and read BBB accredited reviews of the business you're researching.
- Gather all pertinent information: Since you are hoping for a fairly quick transaction, make sure that all of your papers are in order for your Connecticut automobile shipping order. From the title of your car to a copy of your insurance and driver’s license, if you have everything you need ahead of time, the process will be just that much faster to get your automobile on the carrier.
- Scout the area for depots: If you don’t want to pay the extra dollars for delivery to your front door – a luxury you may just want to go ahead and pay for – then you need to scout the region for the nearest auto shipping depot, so that you can quickly retrieve your vehicle from the carriers.
Connecticut vehicle shipping is one of your best options if you plan to travel to the state in the near future. Additionally, it is great for those that are relocating to the area and need one less thing on their to-do lists. If you have plenty of other stuff to move, Connecticut auto transport will ensure that your car gets delivered to you in a timely fashion while you take care of all other aspects of your moves.
Visit the Connecticut Department of Transportation website for more information on shipping your automobile to Connecticut.
Long Distance Auto Transport to/from Connecticut
Long distance auto transport can be arranged using an open or enclosed carrier, from your doorstep to your exact destination, or between terminals. Driving your car to and from a terminal and opting for an open carrier will reduce costs. On the other hand, door to door shipping is more convenient, and enclosed carriers are faster and protect vehicles from external factors during transport.
Another thing to consider is how close you current and your new homes are to a major city or highway. Shipping your car to a small town or to an obscure location may increase the price. In this case, transporting it to a terminal for you to pick it up from can be a better option.
International Auto Transport from/to Connecticut
Besides the actual shipping, A1 Auto Transport can also deal with customs, arrange for a ship to take your car overseas, and have a carrier pick it up from the harbor when it arrives in the other country.
As a side note, beware of import taxes before you decide on international auto transportation. Some countries try to discourage car imports by raising taxes to an unreasonable level. You should check how much you’ll have to pay before shipping the car.
After you’ve confirmed the price is within your budget, call our office to discuss the shipment. There are also a few documents you’ll have to prepare which will be explained by our staff over the phone.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Connecticut
Auto transportation doesn’t have to be expensive if you take a extra few steps before and during the booking process. Before calling any one company, do a background check to see who you’re working with.
Especially for long distance transportation, larger companies will be able to keep costs low due to a solid system established over the years. Companies with a small fleet of carriers will not be able to reach every part of the US as easily, so they might have to increase the price to take on your shipment.
As a side note, you should always be aware of scammers. They’re as present in our business as in any other, and you can usually detect them through their unusually low prices, large down payments, and poor websites.
After choosing a company, call and ask for their rates. Request an open carrier, as this is usually the cheapest option, and see if there are any terminals near your ideal pickup and drop off locations. Finally, our company also has several discounts and seasonal offerings. You can take advantage of them if you meet our criteria.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Connecticut
Enclosed car shipping is definitely the best option if you want to make sure your Connecticut luxury or classic car is completely protected. Even though it might be more expensive than contracting an open carrier, vehicles are safer from prying eyes, weather conditions, scratches, dirt, or debris in a well-equipped covered truck.
As a bonus, shipping your antique or vintage cars is done much faster with an enclosed carrier than with an open one, as it usually houses fewer vehicles and therefore requires fewer stops, long routes, etc.
Connecticut Special Discounts
Any senior or student that chooses our auto transport services for his/her vehicles benefits from a preferential price. Military members enjoy special discounts as well. Other clients that do not fit these criteria can enjoy the seasonal offers that A1 Auto Transport presents from time to time.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Connecticut
Regardless of your choice of open or enclosed auto transportation, the most that can happen to your car while it’s being moved are a couple bumps or scratches.
If it’s going to be traveling on an open trailer, it will be exposed to the elements, road debris, etc. However, this is not different from the way it’s expose when you drive it each day.
But unlike when you drive it, on an auto carrier its mileage doesn’t increase and there’s no chance of a flat tire or of something breaking. Beams and the surrounding automobiles also offer partial protection against weather conditions.
How to Request a Price Estimate
We recommend either using our ‘Get an instant quote’ form or calling us directly to receive a price estimate. Both versions only take a few minutes. Make sure you complete all the fields if you’re going to use our form and explain your request in detail if you’ll call us directly.
Despite having a large fleet of carriers, we may be booked completely in the short term, especially during the high season (summer). So, if you want to book our services, the sooner you do so the better. Call now to make sure we’re available on the date you need us.
Connecticut Auto Transport Companies Directory
This company has been providing regional auto transport logistics in the Hartford area for many years, for those that need a simple move locally but don’t have the time nor the resources to take care of it on their own. A trusted company in the area with friendly drivers.
602 Tolland St, East Hartford, CT
Capo Auto, LLC
Capo Auto offers quality hauling services of automobiles, motorcycles and boats in and around the Hartford, CT area. For those that need a car moved from one area to the next or need localized auto transport might opt for a quote from this long-standing company in the Hartford area. Open air or enclosed auto transport options to help with relocation of different vehicles. Licensed, bonded and insured.
115 Park Ave, East Hartford, CT
AA Car Shipping Auto Transporting
If you are shipping in and around the New Haven area, then AA Car Shipping can help to take care of your auto transport needs. Offering a wide range of transport options, this allows you to work with a company that you can trust to get your vehicle from one point to the next — both local and nationwide auto shippers throughout the United States. They usually have competitive pricing rates, seasonal discounts, and military specials. Call or email them today for a free quote online at their website.
1 Long Wharf Drive, New Haven, CT 06511
Registering a Vehicle in Connecticut
A vehicle needs to be registered, so you can use it freely in Connecticut. It does not matter if you are new to Connecticut, or if you own a brand new vehicle. There is an easy registration process for your first time in the state.
A valid vehicle insurance is one of the requirements you need to meet to register the vehicle in Connecticut's DMV.
You have about 60 days to complete the transfer of your old car registration to Connecticut's DMV if you are coming from a different state.
Prior to your registration, new Connecticut residents must have the VIN verified and pass the emissions test at the testing area. There are few a exemptions, which entirely depend on the vehicle you are bringing.
After you have completed the initial process, you need to see the local DMV office and prepare the following requirements:
- Vehicle's Registration Certificate,
- VIN inspection report,
- Current Connecticut insurance ID card,
- Any acceptable ID (Valid ID, DL, Military Identification Card),
- Pay any applicable fees.
Reminder: You need to be sure you do not have parking tickets or overdue taxes or a record stating your registration was previously suspended.
Once you have become a new Connecticut resident, you will be given 30 days to complete the transfer process from your previous state to a license issued by Connecticut.
Registering a Used or New Vehicle in Connecticut
As part of CT's compliance, you need to comply with the state's criteria to register the vehicle in CT.
Your vehicle's registration will not be processed due to these reasons:
- Your car registration was suspended.
- You have unpaid tax duties.
- You have records of unpaid parking fees.
- Your vehicle did not pass the CT emission tests.
Used or Brand New Vehicles
You must perform the following before the registration process:
- Bring your vehicle to an emission evaluation facility to perform the test.
- Complete the VIN verification process at a station to see if the vehicle may be exempted from an emission test.
After your vehicle passed the test or completed the verification of VIN, see your local service office or Connecticut's DMV office along with the following documents:
- A duly completed Application form for Registration together with a Certificate of Ownership.
- Certificate of Registration (if registering a pre-owned vehicle) and the present Title Certification.
- A Sale Document.
- A valid CT insurance ID card.
- This ID card may be requested by the insurance company and your name needs to be on it.
- Any valid identification card (Learner's permit, ID card, Driver's License).
- Payment of registration fees.
Purchasing a Vehicle (Private Individual)
When you purchase a vehicle, the information below may apply, especially if it comes from a private individual:
- If the last owner discontinued the registration and has surrendered the plates, the buyer needs to register the car and request the title to be transferred under the buyer's name before he can drive it.
- In case the last owner discontinued the registration and has not surrendered the plates, there is no issue using the vehicle. The title must be endorsed and the car needs to be listed under the new owner immediately.
- If the last owner was not able to register the vehicle for some time, and an emissions test is required, the buyer needs to get in touch with the DMV office to apply for a tentative registration for a vehicle inspection and complete the registration.
When you are about to register a leased car, observe the similar steps listed above which are applicable to used/new vehicle registration. Additional information listed below is also needed:
- The leasing license from the CT DMV.
- Original copy of the POA document (duplicate copy is not accepted) which states who is authorized to sign papers on behalf of the leasing office.
Reminder: A CT insurance ID card can be listed under the leasing office or in the new owner's name. If the vehicle is going to be used for test driving, the insurance card should be listed under the leasing office.
The leasing office's address and name should be included on the form. (Application for a Certificate of Title and Registration). The POA needs to sign the document.
Expired CT Registered Vehicles
Upon the expiration of the vehicle's registration, the owner needs to renew its registration. If it has not been renewed for more than two years, the owner needs to visit the nearest local CT DMV office with the following details:
- Present your registration renewal notification and the license plate information.
- Connecticut's DL.
- The vehicle needs to have no compliance issues, like unpaid property taxes, parking tickets, and emission test requirements.
- Payment for registration and a late fee of 10 US dollars. If the vehicle registration has expired more than 2 years ago, you must complete a form to secure a document which will include the title and original registration of the vehicle. The new owner is required to place the new plates on his car.
Tentative Vehicle Registration
You may secure a tentative registration if your vehicle's registration has ended (especially when it needs an emissions test or safety evaluation).
You must observe similar steps listed above when you need to register a used or new vehicle. However, you must indicate you are applying for temporary vehicle registration documentation for the vehicle inspection purpose.
Reminder: Temporary registration cannot be renewed. Therefore, you must complete the emissions test or safety inspection at least in 10 days upon receipt of the registration document.
Connecticut's registration fees: The car registration fee in the state differs based on vehicle type.
Regular fees are:
- For passenger cars: 80 US dollars valid for two years.
- Business vehicle: Starts at 47 US dollars for one year (price differs depending on a vehicle's weight)
- Motorcycles: 42 US dollars valid for two years.
- Trailers (for personal): 19 US dollars valid for two years.
- Snowmobiles: 20 US dollars valid for two years.
- Electric automobiles: 38 US dollars valid for two years.
Other additional fees also include:
- Clean Air Fund Fee: 10 US dollars.
- Parks Fee is 5 US dollars per year.
- Environment (Reduction of Gas Fee): 5 US dollars
- Late Charge: 10 US dollars.
- Municipality or Contractor’s processing fee: Maximum of 8 US dollars.
New residents are required to pay:
- Emissions testing fee: 20 US dollars.
- Vehicle Identification Number evaluation fee: 10 US dollars (cars which are exempted from the emissions test).
Military personnel's vehicle registration in Connecticut: A military member who is on active duty may register a vehicle when out of CT and will be exempted from paying certain fees.
Registering Out-of-State Vehicles
Generally, you may register a vehicle if you’re out of state via mail.
You need to include:
- Recent US military identification card.
- Recent CT insurance identification card (should either be listed under the leasing company's name or your name).
- An Application for a Title Certificate and Registration form.
- Federal Odometer document (if the vehicle was sold from a dealership).
- A paid invoice or Deed of Sale (if the vehicle was newly purchased).
- A Waiver for Registration Fee application form (for those on active duty in US Military Armed Forces.
- For a new vehicle, an original document stating the manufacturer's origin, which is assigned to the owner.
- For pre-owned vehicles, an out of state document, including the new owner's details.
- An Vehicle Identification Number Form from outside the state (needs to be acknowledged by a law enforcement representative).
Reminder: When registering a pre-owned vehicle, it needs to pass an emissions test at the testing facility before registration, unless there is an exemption.
Fee exemptions for military vehicles: A military member who is on active duty is exempted from these charges:
- Renewal and new registration fees.
- Tentative plate charge.
- Safety plate fees.
- Clean Air Fund fee.
Replacing a lost CT vehicle registration: Once a CT vehicle registration is lost, damaged or stolen, a duplicate copy may be requested either via mail or in person.
Services And Information
Other Connecticut Resources
CT.gov - official government website for the state of Connecticut.
Connecticut Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Connecticut.
University Of Connecticut - The University of Connecticut stands among the top 20 public institutions in the nation.
Connecticut On Craigslist - local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.
Looking for a local moving company? We've partnered with MoversCorp.com to help you find the best Connecticut local movers that can help you with your move. You will find professional moving companies as well as moving labor providers on their site.
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org