The process of shipping a car is best handled by those who have experience in the auto transport industry. They are the ones with the experience and equipment needed to sufficiently handle a cross country delivery. To ship your car from coast to coast is approximately 2,000 miles.
The length of travel involved in the shipping process will affect the cost of the transport. However, this isn’t the only thing that determines how much you owe the transporter.
What Affects the Cost of Transport?
The cost of transport is reliant on several factors. The transport company is able to give you a rough estimate on the coast of transport, but without pertinent details receiving an exact quote is impossible. Certain information is needed to calculate an individual’s shipping costs. Below, are some of the questions you will be expected to answer while calling around for quotes.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- The location of the vehicle and how far it must travel to reach its destination.
- The make and model of the car.
- The vehicle’s current condition.
- Any customizations or modifications were done to the vehicle.
- The way you intend to ship the car and what shipping services you plan to purchase.
Aside from being asked the above questions, two other matters will affect the cost of shipping: the time of year in which you plan on having the vehicle transported and the current price of fuel.
After receiving the information necessary, the transporter will come up with a total for services. It is always wise to gather several quotes before choosing a company to have your car shipped through. Don’t hastily jump on board with the company to offer you the lowest rates. Make sure they uphold a great reputation and offer the services you desire.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?