There isn’t too much you need to know about shipping a used car to the Philippines. The country isn’t very strict when it comes to the restrictions placed on auto imports from the United States.
In fact, some individuals may even qualify for tax breaks. The transport company will help you through the process of shipping, making sure that your car arrives safe and sound without any complications.
You can definitely expect delays if you do not have all of your paperwork with you. Customs officials will not release any vehicle unless these documents have been provided. You will want to be sure you stay up to date on the changes made to the import policy. Contact the Embassy of the Philippines to learn more.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Certain documents and forms of proof are needed for Customs to give their import approval certificate. Present what is necessary to the Customs office before the transport date. Below, are some of the forms you may need.
- Registration from the country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
- Bill of lading.
- Proof of paid taxes and duties.
Give the Car a Brief Inspection before Transport.
Before your car leaves the U.S., you should give it a brief inspection. You may even want a mechanic to look at it just to make sure everything is in working order. Document any existing damages and even take pictures of the car, inside and out. This will help make sure that the car doesn’t suffer any damages while it is en route. Refer to your pictures and notes when you inspect the car after it arrives in the Philippines.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?