Before you start looking for transport companies in Miami to ship you car to Colombia, there is some information you must know. Dealing with other countries and their import policies isn’t simple. It can get confusing and frustrating trying to prepare your car for its transport.
That’s one of the reasons it is best to hire a reputable international shipping company. They are familiar with the import laws of other countries and will guide you through the process of preparing proof for Customs.
Colombia has strict import restrictions on the vehicles they allow inside the borders. Only vehicles from the current year without any miles on the odometer can enter the country permanently. There are ways to get classic and antique vehicles approved for import as well. Your transport company will certainly help you the best they can. It is wise to contact the Embassy of Colombia too for assistance. They can tell you about their current auto import restrictions and duty rates.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Method of Shipping Is Used the Most?
There are really two forms of shipping that many choose to use for their vehicles’ transports. These are RO/RO and container services. Although both of them are popular and secure options, container shipping is best suited for newer vehicles and vehicles of greater value. Since Colombia only allows new cars to be imported, this is perhaps the most appropriate choice.
The container shipping method keeps the car hidden from being harmed by outside obstacles such as poor weather conditions. It also provides enough space to have other belongings shipped with it. If you do not have a need for all of the space, you can share the container and its shipping costs with someone else shipping to Colombia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?