The cost of shipping a car to Russia from the United States is hard to determine without some details about the vehicle and its owner. However, it is safe to say that if you decide that you want to ship your car using the open air service, also known as the RO/RO shipping method; it is your least expensive option.
You can get a better idea of what shipping will cost when you contact a few transport companies about a quote.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Determines the Cost of Shipping?
- The vehicle being shipped.
- The weight of the vehicle and any items being shipped with it, if applicable.
- The distance that must be traveled for delivery.
- What shipping services are being used to get the car to Russia.
Most of the transport companies will give quotes over the phone and online. If you gather quotes over the phone, you will receive them much quicker. Calling around also allows you to ask questions and see what transporter you feel is best for your car. An international transporter should have certain qualities if you are to hire them for services.
Don’t Forget About Import Taxes and Duties.
To learn about Russia’s current import tax and duty rates for motor vehicles, call the Embassy of Russia. They have all the information you need in regards to the import laws for the country. They will be of great assistance.
The import taxes and duties for the country are actually rather lenient. The import duty is around 25% of the car’s value. There is also a VAT of 18%. Other small taxes will also apply. You must pay all duties and taxes in full so that you can present proof of payment to Customs. Customs is where you will obtain a certificate of import approval.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory