- Car Transport Service Utah - Car Shipping Companies Utah
- Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
- Car Transport Companies Near Me in Utah
- Utah Vehicle Transport Services
- Ship Car To Another State - Transport Car To Another State
- International Auto Transport from/to Utah
- Cheap Car Transportation Options in Utah
- Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Utah
- Auto Transport Utah Special Discounts
- Auto Transport Safety Measures in Utah
- Services And Information
- How to Request a Price Estimate
- Utah Auto Transport Companies Directory
- DZ Auto Shippers
- Spider Transport Inc
- Auto Transport Group LLC
- Alpine Auto
- Auto Driveaway Co
- Vehicle Registration in Utah
- Registration for New Utah Residents
- How to Register a Car in Utah
- Cars purchased from a dealer
- Cars bought from private individuals
- How to Transfer a UT Car Registration
- Temporary Utah Registration Permit
Car Transport Service Utah - Car Shipping Companies Utah
Part of the Four Corners region, Utah is well known for being one of the most religious states in the country as well as a place where you can explore for days on end through the vast terrain and still not get tired of the scenic views. Tourism is pretty big business here because of the plentiful recreational opportunities; however, because of the presence of the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City, many people travel here for religious reasons as well. In fact, this is what the state is perhaps most well-known for, as Brigham-Young University is also located here. However, there is much more to Utah than its LDS ties.
Recreation is a big draw here. Many people travel over thousands of miles just to hike the scenic canyons or engage in world-class skiing down one of the many slopes during the colder months. If swimming is more your thing, there’s plenty of it to be had in any number of the state’s winding rivers; likewise when it comes to other water-based activities, such as canoeing or white water rafting, which is a common sight in the state of Utah. The Rocky Mountain chain spans this state, offering great chances for hiking, canoeing, camping and more within the vicinity of the mountains and with these majestic peaks serving as a backdrop. There are a number of other recreational areas around Utah that make it an attractive option for visitors from around the country that are interested in exploring all that this state has to offer.
However, to gain access to these various areas of beauty, you may need a vehicle to get from one point to the next. Because of the mountains, there is also world-renowned skiing in this state as well. Utilize a vehicle shipping company to transport your car to Utah so that you can take full advantage of the natural beauty found in abundance in this state.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Salt Lake City to Las Vegas||$421||421 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Denver to Salt Lake City||$390||520 miles||2 - 4 days|
|Salt Lake City to Portland||$575||766 miles||3 - 5 days|
|California to Utah||$579||772 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Utah to Texas||$749||999 miles||3 - 5 days|
|Oklahoma City to Salt Lake City||$712||1187 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Utah to Louisiana||$897||1495 miles||4 - 6 days|
|Indianapolis to Utah||$909||1515 miles||5 - 7 days|
|Utah to Columbus||$1014||1690 miles||5 - 7 days|
|New York to Utah||$1103||2206 miles||6 - 8 days|
|Salt Lake City to Miami||$1014||2534 miles||7 - 9 days|
*Prices and times for Utah auto transport are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Car Transport Companies Near Me in Utah
Looking for auto transport companies near you in Utah? People move from one place to another every day, and these moves are always a bit stressful and time-consuming. A move will be even longer if you have to relocate a vehicle. 52-thousand people moved to Utah in 2018, making it the fastest growing state in the union. If you’re moving there or looking to find a new place to call home, we can help with Ut auto transport services. Trust your car with our expert team of drivers who have been working in Utah auto transport services for years and have served thousands of customers.
Utah Vehicle Transport Services
When you are looking to book Utah auto transport services, keep a few key tips in mind.
- Find the best Utah car transport company: When you are shopping around for an Utah auto transport company, look for the one that not only offers the best vehicle shipping rates, but also the best policies for your auto shipping needs. There’s no sense choosing a car shipping Utah company with services that you don’t need or want or with business prices you can’t afford.
- Inquire about routes utilized for Utah car transport: In some instances, longer routes may cost more money. Ask about car shipping routes not only so you can determine the cost you will incur to ship your vehicle, but also so that you have an idea of how long it will take to get your car back.
- Determine whether your car is being shipped to a terminal or to your home: Depending on where you plan to ship, you may not have a lot of options for your Utah car shipping service. However, larger cities often provide a chance to ship right to your door or schedule pick-up at a terminal; compare price differences so you can choose the best Utah auto transport for you.
Visit the Utah Department of Transportation website for more information on Utah car shipping and the plentiful opportunities in which it can offer those visiting or relocating to the state.
Ship Car To Another State - Transport Car To Another State
State-to-state relocations call for extensive preparation in the areas of packing, financial management, and time management. If time is of the essence or if your car needs to be delivered to your new address by a certain date, this can become stressful.
Finding a trustworthy Utah vehicle shipping business is essential if you're planning a move in the near future. When you choose A1 Auto Transfer, your vehicle will be picked up and delivered safely and promptly to your new home. Call our team right now to get your vehicle shipping to Utah started.
International Auto Transport from/to Utah
To deliver or ship a car from Utah to another country location, here’s what you should consider:
- Doing it on your is very difficult and time consuming. You also risk making expensive mistakes, so we recommend you use an auto transport company like ours.
- You should first read the law of your new country regarding car imports. Taxes vary, and you may have to modify your car to meet city standards before your ship it. Make sure it’s not cheaper to buy a new vehicle before you ship the old one to its destination.
- Call our company as soon as possible. Rush orders are naturally more expensive, and due to the nature of long distance car shipping, they may not be possible. To make sure your auto transport goes smoothly, talk to our staff today.
A1 auto transport provides international car transport from all regions like western United States, North Dakota, South Jordan, West Jordan, Salt lake city area, West valley city Utah, Las Vegas, New Jersey, New Mexico, Colorado, Portland, etc. Name any destination, and we will safely transport your shipment with our carriers.
Cheap Car Transportation Options in Utah
When it comes to auto shipping costs, speed is an important factor. The sooner you need your car delivered to the location, the more expensive its transportation will be. To reduce car shipping costs, schedule your shipment in a timely fashion.
If you’re looking for lower auto transport rates from best car shipping companies, you may want to ship off season. In cold weather, car transport can be more challenging, so we give out seasonal offerings to help our clientele.
Ask for an open carrier, as they are widely available and cheaper as well. If there are terminals nearby, take full advantage of them. Drive your car over to avoid door to door Utah auto transport service fees by the carriers.
Finally, see if you qualify for any car transport discounts with their car transport pricing specialists. You may be able to lower your car shipping Utah costs this way.
Shipping Luxury and Classic Cars in Utah
Exotic, luxury, classic, and antique car shipping requests are frequent at A1 Auto Transport. From experience, we recommend our enclosed auto carriers for these tasks. They offer greater protection for car transport and your dream car arrives much faster as well.
Through a combination of white glove service and regular updates on the car’s status, this is the highest quality car shipping option. Your luxury or antique dream car is not exposed to the weather, as it would be on an open carrier. Our insurance limit for enclosed auto transport is also much higher, so in case of an accident on its way to Utah, you’ll be able to recover your losses.
Auto Transport Utah Special Discounts
Our Utah residents benefit from several special discounts, including seasonal offerings given in certain times of the year. Students and seniors can transport their automobiles at a reduced price, and similar offers apply to military members as well. To see what discounts you may be entitled to, we recommend you call us directly at our toll free phone number.
Auto Transport Safety Measures in Utah
The state of a company’s carriers is a good indicator of the safety level you’ll benefit from. If the carrier’s new or well maintained, it will protect your car from most or all external factors. It will also strap it in, so it won’t collide with other vehicles while on board.
Other than checking the carriers, you may want to speak with the truck driver. Ask about his experience, the route he will take, his length of employment at the current company, etc. This may calm your mind.
Remember if something does go wrong in the shipment route, you can always recover your losses. All companies have insurance policies set in place in case of an accident. We are required by law to compensate you partially or totally for any damages your shipment suffers while in our care.
Services And Information
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Request a Price Estimate
If you’re looking for an expedited transport type service, having difficulty to find carriers to ship a car, or your shipping situation is a bit complicated, we recommend calling our company directly. We can give you an instant quote based on your situation and adjust the transport to match your circumstances. For some clients, we’ve managed to reduce their transport Utah costs using this method, while for others, we’ve resolved some of their shipping problems before they could escalate.
On the other hand, if you’re just browsing the internet comparing prices in the beehive state, using our online form will give you the fast response you’re looking for. It takes less than 4 minutes to complete the details to ship a car. Go to the top of the page, read the instructions in the “Quote Calculator,” and begin the process to ship vehicles.
Utah Auto Transport Companies Directory
SALT LAKE CITY
DZ Auto Shippers
DZ Auto Shippers offers a wide range of car shipping options at a price you can afford. With DZ Auto transport, Utah car shipping via any major interstate is possible.
3439 South 300 East, Salt Lake City, UT
Spider Transport Inc
This auto shipping company can provide shipping for luxury and classic vehicles for those in need of specialty shipping options. Find carriers with experience in handling your dream car at an affordable price.
1510 South 7th West, Salt Lake City, UT
Auto Transport Group LLC
Auto Transport Groups is one of the only shipping service providers in the Ogden area, shipping around the state and the greater Four Corners region. They are in the car shipping business for years and have experienced drivers to perfectly ship a car.
1621 West 2550 North, Ogden, UT
This locally-owned auto transport Utah company provides both open and enclosed transport and maintains an excellent record of customer service. Irrespective of the transport type you choose, ship your car to your destination safely. Speak to their staff on phone today to ship your vehicle.
6995 Union Park Ctr # 390
Cottonwood Hts, UT
Auto Driveaway Co
A nationally owned and operated shipment company, this is a great option if you need shipping around the country. Get your car to any destination in a timely manner.
186 East Main Street #102, Sandy, UT
Vehicle Registration in Utah
Utah’s Division of Motor Vehicles handles all vehicle registrations in the state, be there registrations for new residents, new car purchases or registration renewals.
To get your vehicle registered in the state of Utah, you have to visit the DMV office and submit your car’s insurance policy, the vehicle title, your driver’s license, a inspection certificate and a payment for the registration fees. The fee will vary depending on your car’s weight and year, and on which county you settled residency in. Take note you can register by mail if you are living temporarily outside of the state.
Registration for New Utah Residents
When moving to Utah you benefit from a 60 days grace period to get your vehicle titled and registered with the local DMV. You can do both the titling and registration simultaneously.
To finish the registration process, you should submit the following paperwork to the DMV:
- A fully completed titling application;
- The certificate of registration issued in your former state of residency;
- A vehicle inspection certificate;
- Take note that the VIN can be also completed by an employee of the DMV office during the process of registration.
- A certificate from the safety inspection or an emissions test certificate;
- Proof of payment for the fees for registration;
How to Register a Car in Utah
Cars purchased from a dealer
Usually, the dealer submits the car registration paperwork to the DMV in Utah after finalizing a sale. You will also receive a temporary certificate of registration that will make it legal to drive your car until the final registration is done and gets sent to you by mail.
Cars bought from private individuals
To register a vehicle bought from a private individual, you should bring the following documents to the DMV office:
- The title certificate signed in your name;
- Your UT issued driver’s license;
- Your car insurance policy;
- The safety inspection certificate and/or the smog test certificate;
- Proof of payment for all registration and titling fee, as well as the fee for the temporary permit that’s going to be issued in your name.
Until your registration certificate is processed and issued to you, you will be able to drive the recently acquired vehicle onto the streets of Utah using a temporary permit. If you haven’t completed your vehicle’s emissions test or the safety inspection, you will be able to use the temporary permit to perform the required tests and submit the proof of passing to the DMV.
How to Transfer a UT Car Registration
You can transfer the license plates from your old vehicle to your new one by submitting these to the local DMV office:
- The license plates of your old vehicle, which will be inspected to verify they meet the legibility requirements of the state;
- Your UT driver’s license in copy form;
- The title of the vehicle signed in your name;
- A UT car insurance policy;
- A certificate proving the passing of a safety inspection and/or a test for emissions;
- Registration fees paid in full.
Temporary Utah Registration Permit
You can use a temporary registration permit to legally circulate on the streets of Utah while the registration process is ongoing, or to perform the requested inspections for your permanent vehicle registration.
If you bought the vehicle from a car dealership, they will also provide you with a temporary permit. If you buy your vehicle from an individual, you will have to request the temporary registration permit from the DMV by submitting these documents:
- The title certificate of the vehicle signed in your name;
- Proof of your vehicle’s insurance;
- An ID card with a photo;
- The payment of the temporary permit fee;
Non-Resident and Military Car Registration
For military members
UT residents that serve in the military have to go through the same vehicle registration process as civilians.
Utah military members stationed in other states
If you are a resident of UT and are stationed on active military duty in another state, you can preserve your UT registration and license plates.
You can also benefit from a series of exemptions, given that the vehicle is titled in your name and there isn’t an active lease on it: from emissions inspections, safety inspections, or property tax exemption.
Military members stationed in UT that reside in other states
While you are stationed in the state of Utah, you can drive your vehicle using the license plates and registration issued by the state where you have your residency. However, if you purchase a car in UT, you’ll have to pay a use/sales tax, regardless of where you will register the vehicle.
Registration for Residents of Other States
If you are a full-time student at any higher learning accredited place in UT(college, university, etc.), you are not required to register your vehicle with the local DMV.
However, if you work in UT and reside in another state (exception being military members and full-time students), you have to get a UT certificate for your vehicle’s registration if you fall into one of these categories:
- Your driver’s license is issued by the state of UT;
- Your permanent residence is in UT;
- You are living in UT for more than 6 months;
- Your workplace is in UT (exception being seasonal workers).
- You take on residency in UT to benefit from state services, like school for the kids.
Registering a vehicle in UT from another state
You can register your car by mail if you are temporarily residing in another state. You should follow the registration steps for new UT residents and also contact the DMV to get informed on emissions testing requirements and the amount you need to pay in registration fees, depending on the vehicle you want to register.
Fees for Vehicle Registration in Utah
Any car’s registration tax depends on its weight, year, and residence county (as the use tax and sales tax might vary by location). The year of the vehicle divides the respective fee into 2 categories:
- An aged-based uniform fee;
- It applies only to passenger vehicles. Fees ranging from $10 to approximately $150.
- A uniform fee.
- It applies to motor homes, heavy-duty and medium trucks, as well as to commercial trailers.
- It represents 1 per cent of the value for motor homes and 1.5 per cent of the value for trucks and commercial trailers.
Vehicle Inspections in Utah
Safety inspections: They are are mandatory for school busses, street-legal ATVs, salvaged vehicles for which there are requests for rebuilt automobile titles, commercial vehicles, vans or buses for hire, three axles or more, and service providers of ground transportation.
Safety inspections can be performed at any inspection station approved by the DPS.
Vehicle identification number inspections
Vehicles on their first registration in UT must be subjected to a VIN inspection.
Usually, a safety inspection suffices for a passenger car if the inspection certificate has an accurate VIN number mentioned on it.
For the registration of boats, trailers, off-highway vehicles, or snowmobiles, a distinct VIN inspection, performed for free at any office of the DMV, is mandatory.
License Plates in Salt Lake City
At the moment of registration, you will have to decide the design of your license plates. You will be issued the standard design for Utah’s license plates if you do not choose a specialized design. There are various options available and you also have the possibility to get personalized license plates.
Registering a car that is not operational
You can postpone the renewal of your vehicle’s registration if you’re not planning on driving it on the roads without being fined for the expiration of the registration certificate.
Other Utah Resources
Utah.gov - official government website for the state of Utah.
Utah Wikipedia Page - everything you need to know about the state of Utah.
University Of Utah - Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain range, the University of Utah has a vantage point like no other. Inspiring views complement perspectives learned in classrooms and labs, and bespeaks the vast opportunities campus provides.
Related Information & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I ship my car to or from Utah?
You need to know the "from" and "to" locations for car shipping services. Planning to ship to Salt lake city area? Call our dedicated staff at 888-230-9116 and tell us about your shipping situation. We will guide you with the car transport process and also provide an instant quote.
Are there any extra services available to ship my car?
For valuable and new cars, always choose an enclosed carrier. This will protect your expensive car from external elements like road debris, extreme weather conditions, and theft. You can also opt for higher insurance limit for costly vehicles.
How to prepare my car for shipment?
Remove all personal belongings and valuable objects from the car before shipment. Removing all the important documents is a good idea. Keep no more than 1/4 quarter gas in your car during the shipment as it will be operated for a brief period during the auto transport. If you have an inoperable car, communicate the same to the truck driver in advance. Make sure you wash your car properly before shipping and check for any dents, scratches, or dings.
How can I check a Utah auto transport company license?
To check a Utah auto transport company license, you can use the following methods:
- Online: Visit the Utah Motor Carrier Services website and search for the company's name or license number.
- Phone: Call the Motor Carrier Services office at 801-297-6800 and ask for a license verification.
- In-person: Visit the Motor Carrier Services office at 210 N 1950 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84134.
When verifying a license, be sure to obtain the following information:
- Company name: The company name should match the name on the license.
- License number: The license number should be valid and active.
- Expiration date: The license should be current and not expired.
You can also check the company's reputation by reading online reviews and contacting the Better Business Bureau.
What factors should I consider when selecting a Utah auto transport company?
When selecting a Utah auto transport company, it's important to consider the following factors:
1. Experience and reputation: Look for a company with a proven track record in the industry and positive customer reviews.
2. Services offered: Make sure the company offers the specific services you need, such as open or enclosed transport, door-to-door delivery, or expedited shipping.
3. Insurance coverage: Verify that the company has adequate insurance coverage to protect your vehicle during transport.
4. Pricing: Compare quotes from multiple companies to ensure you get a fair price for the services provided.
5. Licensing and credentials: Ensure the company is properly licensed and registered with the authorities.
6. Customer service: Look for a company that provides excellent customer service and clear communication throughout the transport process.
7. Delivery timeframe: Inquire about the estimated delivery timeframe to ensure it aligns with your needs and schedule.
8. Additional services: Consider any additional services or amenities the company offers, such as vehicle tracking or storage options.
9. Payment options: Check if the company offers flexible payment options and secure transaction methods.
10. Terms and conditions: Read and understand the company's terms and conditions, including cancellation policies and liability coverage.
How do Utah auto transport companies ensure vehicles' safety during transit?
Utah auto transport companies ensure vehicles' safety during transit through various measures, including:
1. Experienced drivers: These companies employ professional and skilled drivers who have extensive experience in transporting vehicles. They are trained to handle different types of vehicles and ensure their safety on the road.
2. Properly maintained equipment: Utah auto transport companies regularly maintain their trucks and trailers to ensure optimal condition. This includes checking tires, brakes, and other crucial components to prevent any issues during transit.
3. Secure loading and unloading: The companies have loading and unloading procedures to ensure that vehicles are properly secured and protected during these processes. This minimizes the risk of damage or accidents.
4. Insurance coverage: Reputable Utah auto transport companies provide insurance coverage for their vehicles. This protects the company and the customer in the event of any unforeseen incidents or damage during transit.
5. GPS tracking: Many Utah auto transport companies utilize GPS tracking systems to monitor the location of the vehicles during transit. This allows them to keep a close eye on the vehicles and ensure they are on the right route and schedule.
6. Communication and updates: Utah auto transport companies maintain clear communication with their customers throughout the transport process. They provide regular updates on the shipment status and address any concerns or questions the customers may have.
7. Compliance with regulations: These companies adhere to all state and federal regulations regarding vehicle transportation. This includes following safety guidelines, obtaining necessary permits, and complying with weight restrictions.
By implementing these safety measures, Utah auto transport companies strive to ensure the safe and secure transportation of vehicles for their customers.
What steps should I take to prepare my vehicle for transport with a Utah auto transport company?
To prepare your vehicle for transport with a Utah auto transport company, follow these steps:
1. Clean your vehicle: Wash your car thoroughly, both inside and out, to ensure that any existing damage is visible and documented. This will also make it easier to inspect the vehicle upon delivery.
2. Remove personal belongings: Remove all personal items from your vehicle, including any loose items in the trunk or glove compartment. Auto transport companies typically do not allow personal belongings in the vehicle during transport.
3. Document existing damage: Take detailed photos of your vehicle from all angles, including close-ups of any scratches, dents, or other damage. This will serve as evidence in case of any disputes regarding the condition of your vehicle upon delivery.
4. Check for leaks and mechanical issues: Before the transport, check for any leaks or mechanical issues that could cause problems during transit. If necessary, have these issues repaired before handing over your vehicle.
5. Secure or remove loose parts: If your vehicle has detachable parts, such as spoilers or antennas, secure them properly or remove them altogether. This will help prevent any damage during transport.
6. Check tire pressure and battery: Ensure that your vehicle's tires are properly inflated and the battery is fully charged. This will help with the loading and unloading and ensure your vehicle is ready to be driven upon delivery.
7. Disable alarms and immobilizers: If your vehicle has any alarms or immobilizer systems, disable them before transport. This will prevent any unnecessary disruptions during transit.
8. Provide necessary documents: Make sure to have all the necessary documents ready, including your vehicle's registration and insurance information. The auto transport company may require these documents for verification purposes.
9. Communicate special instructions: If there are any specific instructions or requirements for your vehicle's transport, such as non-running or oversized vehicles, communicate these to the auto transport company in advance.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your vehicle is properly prepared for transport with a Utah auto transport company and minimize the risk of any issues during transit.
Do Utah auto transport services offer open carrier and enclosed carrier options?
Yes, Utah auto transport services typically offer both open carrier and enclosed carrier options. Open carriers are the most common and cost-effective method of auto transport. They transport vehicles on an open trailer, exposed to the elements. Enclosed carriers, on the other hand, provide added protection by transporting vehicles in an enclosed trailer. This option is often chosen for high-end or classic vehicles that require extra security and protection from weather conditions. The choice between open and enclosed carrier options depends on the specific needs and preferences of the customer.