The process of shipping a car overseas isn’t a task for just anyone to fulfill. You’ll need a freight ship, durable transport equipment, special training, and knowledge of the foreign import policies to successfully manage a transport to Switzerland.
The most tremendous thing about shipping services is that they are set at low rates so they’re financially appealing to most budget types.
About three months before you want your car to ship to Switzerland from the U.S., start searching online for an overseas transport company near your home or where the car is stored. Make sure they carry insurance coverage, have low rates with no down payment, and proof of their experience through certificates and state licensing. Collect quotes from several shipping companies before you hire one for the delivery.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import Duty and Tax Information for Auto Import in Switzerland.
The country of Switzerland is actually very lenient on their duty and tax rates for imports. Actually, if you plan on staying in the country for over 12 months and owned the vehicle for 6 months prior to the transport, it can be imported duty-free. Any vehicle staying in the country for less than 6 months will have to pay taxes. Expect to pay a Customs duty, vehicle duty, VAT and other fees.
Regardless of how long the vehicle is to stay in the country, the import taxes and duties are very low if you must pay them. It shouldn’t cause a lot of strain on your pocketbook. Call the Embassy of Switzerland for the current tax rates on auto import to make sure you have accurate information. Then, pay the taxes and keep the receipt. Once everything you need for the import is collected, take it all to Customs along with proof of paid taxes. If everything is in order, you will receive a certificate for auto import approval.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory