Shipping a car anywhere in the world can only safely be accomplished with an international transporter. The tools, ships and all of the other equipment they have to make it possible.
As well as all the other great advantages that they have to offer.
Believe it or not, shipping services are affordable and cost effective. Shipping a car to Barbados like you would like might actually be possible if you use the right services to match your budget. Just take your time searching for a dependable transporter who can help you customize the shipping process according to your situation.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Information on Taxes and Duties in Barbados
Aside from the shipping costs of the transporter, you will be expected to pay taxes and duties to Barbados. These fees must be addressed before the car can even enter through the border. Pay these taxes and present the proof to Customs with all other documents they need to grant the car’s import approval.
- The average import duty is around 45% on all vehicles.
- If you are importing a used vehicle, there is a $4,000 environmental levy and $300 for a new vehicle.
- There is a 17.5% value added tax.
- A port FAS charge is also added to the cost of your importation.
- An excise tax is added based on the engine capacity (1800cc for luxury), weight, and cost of the vehicle.
- A luxury vehicle with an engine equal to or exceeding 1800cc and with a value above $45,000 is subject to a 120% excise tax.
- If the weight does not surpass 5 tons and the value does not exceed $45,000, the excise tax will be around 62.77%
- If the weight does not exceed 5 tons, but the value of the vehicle is higher than $45,000, the excise tax will be around 80.16%
- If the vehicle is heavier than 5 tons, the excise tax is valued at 10%