Shipping a car anywhere in the world can only safely be accomplished with an international transporter. The tools, ships and all of the other equipment they have to make it possible.
As well as all the other great advantages that they have to offer.
Believe it or not, shipping services are affordable and cost effective. Shipping a car to Barbados like you would like might actually be possible if you use the right services to match your budget. Just take your time searching for a dependable transporter who can help you customize the shipping process according to your situation.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Information on Taxes and Duties in Barbados
You will also be responsible for paying taxes and tariffs in Barbados, in addition to the transporter's shipping fees. The vehicle cannot cross the border unless these fees are paid. Remit payment and submit proof to Customs along with the rest of the paperwork they require to approve the import of the vehicle.
- The average import duty is around 45% on all vehicles.
- If you are importing a used vehicle, there is a $4,000 environmental levy and $300 for a new vehicle.
- There is a 17.5% value added tax.
- A port FAS charge is also added to the cost of your importation.
- An excise tax is added based on the engine capacity (1800cc for luxury), weight, and cost of the vehicle.
- A luxury vehicle with an engine equal to or exceeding 1800cc and with a value above $45,000 is subject to a 120% excise tax.
- If the weight does not surpass 5 tons and the value does not exceed $45,000, the excise tax will be around 62.77%
- If the weight does not exceed 5 tons, but the value of the vehicle is higher than $45,000, the excise tax will be around 80.16%
- If the vehicle is heavier than 5 tons, the excise tax is valued at 10%