It’s no secret that the process of shipping a car to Tajikistan is one that can only be fulfilled by those with the proper training and experience within the industry.
With all of the great international shipping companies throughout America, finding one that can fit your budget and your circumstances won’t be difficult. Just make sure to follow the steps below to ensure a safe and successful delivery to Tajikistan.
- Find a transport company and schedule your car’s shipping process at least a couple months in advance. This gives everyone time to prepare.
- Call the Embassy of Tajikistan to learn more about the auto import policy in place as well as the current tax rates.
- Start gathering the documents needed to gain import approval from the Customs department. Proof of the car’s age, a power of attorney to authorize the move, a copy of your passport, the vehicle’s title and registration, your license, proof of paid taxes, and proof of passed inspections will all be needed.
- Turn in all proof to Customs weeks before the transport. Get the certificate of approval to allow your car access into the country. Keep the certificate of approval on hand.
- Clean the car and prepare it as you were asked by the transporter. Clean the inside and outside of the vehicle and take pictures afterwards. Check all of the fluids and leave only ¼ of a tank of gas. Fill the tires with air and remove all items that weren’t manufactured with the car. Make sure the car is in its best condition.
- Have the car ready on the day of transport. If you are dropping the car off at a terminal, make sure you have a ride arranged. When the car is due to arrive in Tajikistan, you must be present at the seaport or terminal it is delivered to. The car will cannot be stored for any reason.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.