- Know If You Should Hire A Mover Or Self-Haul On Your Truck
- Factors To Consider So As To Make The Decision Mover Or Self-Haul
- Pros Of Hiring A Mover
- Cons Of Hiring A Mover
- Pros Of Doing A Self-Haul
- Cons Of A Self-Haul
Know If You Should Hire A Mover Or Self-Haul On Your Truck
Should you hire the services of a professional mover or should you self-haul with your truck? These are some of the questions you may be contending with as you prepare to move from your current location to your new destination. As we all know, moving is a daunting task that requires one to carefully weigh their options. Should you settle on seeking the services of a professional mover, you can consider A1 Auto Transport. Get in touch and we will give you a free quote with no obligations attached.
We offer the most competitive rates for long-distance moves.
Factors to consider so as to make the decision: Mover or Self-haul
The following acts as a guide:
- The time it will take to pack and transport your goods and the distance to be covered during your move: State-to-state moves may demand a lot from you. The distance calculator and fuel calculator are important tools that you may use to determine the cost of your move.
- The availability of assistance from neighbors, families and friends.
- The nature of your goods: Are there fragile ones and can you comfortably transport them?
- The availability of extra storage space while moving large appliances and furniture.
- The difference in cost between doing a self-haul and hiring a mover.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Pros of hiring a mover
- You will have an effortless move since the moving team is capable and experienced to handle your move.
- You will benefit from enjoying the reliability and efficiency that companies offer, unlike friends and family who may attend to personal emergencies on the date of your move.
Cons of hiring a mover
- The moving schedule is controlled by the mover.
- It is almost always the more expensive option. You need to understand the hidden costs that may be applied.
- It may feel intrusive or impersonal letting strangers into your home and allowing them to handle your belongings.
Pros of doing a self-haul
- You will save costs, including hidden costs such as packaging supplies and additional insurance.
- You will have control over your move.
- You get to handle and pack your belongings in the way that you wish to do so.
Cons of a self-haul
- It may prove to be an overwhelming experience, from start to finish. There is a lot of planning to be done and plenty of packing and moving too.
- Lack of experience may lead to poor handling of your goods.
When it comes to how you want to move, the choice boils down to whether you are after making savings or convenience. A reputable and reliable long distance mover will go out of their way to ensure that you will have a convenient move while ensuring that the experience will be worth every single cent that you paid. Hiring a mover may prove to be slightly more expensive than doing a self-haul but the benefits greatly outweigh those of self-hauls. Also, to avoid untrustworthy people handling your goods, it is advisable to hire the services of insured and licensed movers.