How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Chile
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Freight charges of shipping a motorcycle from USA to Chile costs around $1,800 to $2,800. This does not include marine insurance and import duties
- Opting for a shared container is an affordable way to ship to Chile though RORO is another cost-effective method
A South American country, Chile is one of the narrow countries with a long coastline with the Pacific Ocean while on the other side it is bordered by the Andes. It is bordered by Argentina, Peru and Bolivia. Additionally the islands of Desventuradas, Salas y Gómez, Easter Islands and Juan Fernández in the Pacific Ocean are part of the Chilean territory.
With a diverse climate ranging from Atacama Desert that is the driest to the Mediterranean climate in the middle of the country and tropical weather at the islands, you can experience it all at your own convenience. If you are moving to Chile for travel or to work, it helps to commute with ease when you have your motorcycle to traverse the city and maybe the coastline.
With plenty of ports on the 2,700 km coastline, brisk trade and commerce is the forte of the country and that is why they have well-formulated import and export laws that need to be adhered to. However, irrespective of the closest port in US, it would ship to Chile with ease and would take about a fortnight to three weeks for the motorcycle to reach your destination city in Chile.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of Shipping a Motorcycle
The most accurate estimate will be given by one of our shipping agents when they present a customized written quote. However, you need to know that apart from the shipping costs, the weight of the motorcycle, distance traveled, marine insurance and the import duties constitute the total cost. It is important to consider the fact that in Chile, motorcycle import tax is 6%, Classification charge is 1% while there is an additional 19% VAT that is levied.
Documentation Before Import
There are plenty of documents pertaining to the vehicle and ownership of the motorcycle that has to be submitted. Some of these include:
- Title certificate
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Insurance certificate with the amount of premium paid
- Purchase invoice with VIN, make and model details
- Owner’s passport/ID
- Driving license
- Registration certificate
Shipping to Chile
As we have been in the business of shipping vehicles globally for years, we can assist you through the U.S. Customs and Chilean National Customs Service. All of the documents are needed to clear customs in both the countries. It is important to prove that your motorcycle is eligible to be shipped to Chile and one of our shipping agents will assist you through the inspections.
You have the option of hiring a large 20 feet or 40 feet container and shipping your motorcycle along with other household goods. However, if you just need to ship your motorcycle, you can opt for shared container or Roll-on/Roll-Off method. You have the option of crating your motorcycle before it is shipped to protect it against elements of nature while in transit. Call us to know more about the regulations and processes or contact the Embassy of Chile in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory