When shipping a motorcycle, it is important to get a range of quotes, so you can decide which best meets your needs while staying in your budget. There are many ways to obtain quotes, you can submit an online request, call the company directly, or use a motorcycle shipping cost calculator.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The last option is probably the easiest because it allows you to do little to no effort on your end, and just let the cost calculator run the numbers. However, it is important to follow up after the fact to determine directly with the motorcycle transport company that the quote is correct. Because the cost calculators do not necessarily take into account all of your personal circumstances, there is a margin of error. Of course, it doesn’t hurt to ask also if you may qualify for a discount when you speak directly to a representative. The following are the basic pieces of information you will need in order to obtain an accurate quote from a shipping cost calculator.
- Point of Origin – Where does the bike need to be picked up from? It helps to specify if this is a business, residence, or port.
- Destination – Where does the bike need to end up? Again, specifics regarding destination location are helpful.
- Type of Bike – Style, make, and model is a good jumping-off point.
- Type of Carrier – Do you want your motorcycle transported in an open carrier? This is thee most cost-efficient option and also the most widely used. Would you prefer your motorcycle to be better protected in a closed container? This option is more expensive because a closed container takes up more space and weighs more, but is a safer transport option.
Again, these questions may not be enough to generate an accurate quote, especially if you have extenuating circumstances, like if your bike is nonoperational or it has customizations that affect size or weight. Just keep that in mind when utilizing online motorcycle shipping cost calculators, and prepare to follow up with the company directly to obtain a final quote.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?