Gathering Quotes for a Salvaged Motorcycle Transport?
Typical Shipping Prices- How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost of shipping a salvaged motorcycle may cost under $200 or upwards to almost $1000. It depends on the shipping method, the distance to be traveled, and the difficulty of the transport.
- The upcharge for the extra labor and use of unordinary equipment included in the transport of a salvaged motorcycle average at around $100.
Having a salvaged motorcycle shipped to another location isn’t too difficult if professionals are hired for the job. Any vehicle previously totaled in a wreck will present its obstacles when it must be transported to another location. The shipping specialists will do their best to secure the vehicle no matter what condition it’s in.
The absolute greatest thing you can do for the motorcycle is find a reputable shipping company to carry out its transport. Make sure they have the right equipment and that they have employees trained to care for salvaged bikes. It’s important that they have all that they need. Even a container transport is trickier to see through for a salvaged motorcycle’s delivery than it is with one that’s in perfect condition.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Motorcycle Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
How to Prepare for the Transport
The transport of a salvaged motorcycle must be done with caution. Only trained hands should deal with the bike. However, before the transport you’ll have your share of responsibilities as well.
- Drain all fluids from the bike. This won’t just prevent a mess but it will keep everyone safe from harmful fumes and other likely dangers.
- Have all documents including the condition report ready for the transport company when they ask for the proof.
- Conduct your own inspection of the vehicle. Jot down a description of the bike, the damages it suffers from, and anything else you may think is worthy of noting. Take photographs during your inspection as well.
- Have enough money prepared. Most transporters won’t ask for any money upfront, but expect the services to fully paid when the vehicle is delivered safely to its destination.