Getting a car ready for the process of shipping overseas isn’t something to fear. Preparing the vehicle for its transport is actually quite simple. It’s complying with the country’s auto import policy that can become confusing and time consuming.
That’s why it is always best to hire a reliable international transporter from the U.S. if you wish to ship a car to Switzerland.
Schedule your transport months before you’d like the car to be on its way to Switzerland. This gives you more time to prepare. After the transport is booked, call the Embassy of Switzerland. They will be the ones to give you all of the information you need in regard to meeting the import policy and gaining Customs’ approval of the car into the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Get the Car Ready for Its Journey.
Aside from collecting documents for the Customs office, you are held responsible for preparing the car according to the transport company’s standards. This will lessen any risks involved with the transport, keeping the car and those handling the shipping process safer. Fortunately, getting the car in order is the uncomplicated part of the transport procedure.
- Wash the car off so that no debris or grime is visible. Clean out the inside of the vehicle as well, removing any items that don’t belong in the car. You may keep any floor mats, car jack or spare tire accessible.
- Take pictures of the car’s condition before shipping it to Switzerland. Write down any damages the vehicle may already suffer from.
- Top off all fluids except the gas. Leave the fuel tank ¼ full or less.
- Disable the alarm system and the battery, if asked.
- Fill all tires with air.
- Make sure that all items are out of the trunk and interior unless container shipping methods are purchased.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?