Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Nitro, West Virginia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Nitro, West Virginia Professional Auto Shipping
Nitro is a small city in West Virginia and was a very important location for the production of ammunition during World War I. The production of ammunition continued throughout World War II. Today, the city is known as a memorial city to the World War I. Due to the ammunition production, the United States Government named the city Nitro. The city is located on the Kanawha River and residents enjoy fishing, kayaking, rafting and other water activities as well as camping, hunting, and hiking in the woodland areas. Ridenour Lake is also located in Nitro. The lake was the site for an alleged “Mothman” sitting in 1967. Mothman is a mythical creature that resembles a moth and sightings of this creature have been reported in several West Virginia cities throughout the years. There was even am a movie, the Mothman Prophecies, starring Richard Gere in 2002. Aside from the folklore and mythical creatures, Nitro is a quiet, family-oriented small town where there is plenty of natural beauty, lots of recreation space and many family-centered events during the year.
You can learn more about Nitro by checking out the official city website.
Shipping a Car to Nitro
There are many things you need to consider when shipping a car to Nitro. Aside from hiring a professional transporter and scheduling service, you will also need to make sure the car is prepared when the driver arrives to pick the car up. Use these tips from A-1 Auto Transport to have your car ready to go when the time arrives:
- Wash the outside of the car. Be sure to wash the wheels and the underside to remove any mud or clumps of dirt that could fall onto other cars.
- Clean the inside of the car and be sure to take all of your personal belongings out of the car. Depending on the company you hire, you may be able to leave some light items in the trunk.
- Check the battery charge and make sure it is secured in place. Also, disable the car alarm before the driver loads the car onto the carrier. An alarm can startle a driver if it goes off during transport.
- Run the fuel down to below a half tank and make sure the fluids, like antifreeze, brake and power steering fluid, are filled.
- If you have a convertible you need to make sure the top is secured.
- Make sure the insurance coverage is enough for the car.
- Gather all transport paperwork before the car is picked up. You should have copies of the price quote, shipping contract, insurance and all other paperwork concerning the transport of the car.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Nitro Professional Auto Transport Directory
Con-Way Freight is one of the largest trucking companies in the United States. They have satellite offices in many states, including West Virginia and provide safe and reliable auto transport for cars, trucks, vans, sport utility vehicles, motorcycles boats and other vehicles. They also transport construction and farm equipment and machinery, light and heavy freight, dry goods, refrigerated goods and other freight. They are fully licensed and insured as well as registered with the US Department of Transportation and accredited with the FMCSA.
1100 River East Drive
Belle, WV 25015
Nitro includes ZIP codes: