Shipping a motorcycle by train is a common way to get a vehicle from one place to another. Due to its low cost, many more people are starting to ship their vehicles by rail.
If you have a motorcycle and want to have it shipped by rail, get in touch with a professional transport company to discuss your options and receive a quote.
Preparing yourself before contacting a professional is always a smart move. Make sure to do some research on the company before hiring them. Do some research on motorcycle shipping in general and write down your findings. If you have questions, write those down as well and have them ready before you make a call.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods Used to Transport Motorcycles.
Open Air Transport- This is the least expensive way to ship a motorcycle. After your motorcycle is inspected, it will be loaded onto an open carrier. Open air transport will leave your motorcycle exposed to outside weather conditions. Make sure to have any leaks repaired before the scheduled ship date.
Enclosed Transport- This is known for being the most expensive way to ship a motorcycle, but it is also the safest. Using this method ensures that your motorcycle will be protected against the elements and theft. After your bike is loaded onto the carrier, it will be secured and transported to its destination.
Crated Transport- This method involves securing your bike to a pallet and putting it onto a carrier in a crate. This option typically requires extra preparation. Drain all of the fluids, disconnect the battery and remove mirrors and handlebars.
Preparing Your Bike for Transport.
- Remove loose hanging objects.
- Make sure the gas reading is no higher than ¼ of a tank of gas.
- Document the condition of your bike.
- Wash off any dirt, dust, and deposits.
- Disable the alarm system if it is equipped with one.
- Check tire pressure, fluids, and battery.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?