If you are moving to Luxembourg and would like to take your own car with you, hire a transporter with experience and a great rep for international shipping.
They will ship your car to Luxembourg much easier than anyone else would be capable of.
- Don’t pay too much for shipping services. The cost of transport services should be affordable. A company’s rates aren’t the only reflection of the services they provide. If a transporter ever asks for the services to be paid in full prior to the transport or even for a large down payment, it is likely that you are being scammed.
- They should have an informative and up to date website. A lot of us only seek out the contact information off of a website, if we go to the site at all. Look over the websites for the company’s credentials. All transporters should be approved by the Department of Transportation and carry the proper state licensing.
- Don’t use a transport company that doesn’t offer extra protection through their own insurance policy. It is a requirement for transporters to guarantee their services with insurance coverage on all of their clients’ automobiles.
- Always ask questions. Asking questions and voicing your concerns is only going to validate your decision. As you speak with customer service, they should be friendly and knowledgeable of their services.
- A lot of people will disregard the transport company’s requests for preparing the vehicle before its shipping process. This is essential to the outcome of the delivery as well as the safety of those involved with the transport. Preparing the vehicle as recommended will protect it from harm’s way and minimize any risks involved with the process.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.