Cost of Shipping a Van
One thing you need to keep in mind when shipping a van is that it will cost more since it’s larger and heavier than most other vehicles. The weight of a van will naturally vary by make and model, but they generally are in the same weight class as a large truck or SUV. Just like any type of cargo being transported, much of the cost is dictated by the size and weight of the van, as well as the shipping distance.
Since vans come in a variety of shapes and sizes, this is an important factor to keep in mind. For example, a smaller van like a Volkswagen bus would cost less to ship than a full size van or camper van. This goes double for shipping internationally as cargo space is at a premium and shipping costs generally run higher than in the U.S. due to the added distance.
Shipping a van to another country means it will most likely be transported on a boat, with the exception of certain parts of Canada and Mexico. Most vans shipped overseas are done so using the “RORO” method, which means the van is driven onto the ship and secured below the deck in a cargo area specifically designed for vehicles. When the van arrives at its destination port, it is driven or “rolled” off the boat and is ready to drive.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Recent Prices For Vans Shipped | A-1 Auto Transport
To give our readers a more clear idea of the cost of shipping a van, we’ve compiled some of our recent numbers, including the specific towns that the vehicles were shipped to. Based on these, you can get a rough estimate of the cost, or alternately, you can contact us at the number at the top of the page if you’d like a cost estimate tailored to your specific needs and the cities you’re shipping to and from.
The Cost of Shipping A Van
- Colorado Springs, CO to San Diego, CA – $642
- Washington, D.C. to Des Moines, IA – $1,258
- Lexington, KY to El Paso, TX – $1,535
- Boise, ID to Miami, FL – $1,283
- San Francisco, CA to Jackson, MS – $1,071
- Philadelphia, PA to Las Vegas, NV – $1,232
- Boston, MA to Omaha, NE – $1,175
- New York, NY to Chicago, IL – $708
If you’re considering shipping a van, either internationally or within the United States, give us a call today at the number at the top of the page! We offer 100% FREE cost estimates to all interested parties and we are happy to answer your questions! You can also reach us through our online contact form!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory