Cost of Shipping an SUV
An important consideration in assessing prices for shipping an SUV is to remember that prices will vary. Even if the difference is slight, each company you contact will likely give you a different price. While it’s always great to get the best price available, you should be cautious in taking this approach with an auto shipper.
There are, unfortunately, some unscrupulous companies out there that will offer anything they can to get your business, only to tack on extra fees to make up the losses from an unrealistic original price. Just like any other product or service, you get what you pay for.
One way you can protect yourself against these less-than-stellar shipping options is to do some basic research on the companies before signing a contract or agreeing to services. The best available resource for doing this is the FMCSA Company Snapshot feature, which includes information about safety rating, insurance coverage, operating authority and much more.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
While we’re mostly talking about shipping an SUV in the United States here, the same information holds for shipping to an overseas location or outside of the continental U.S. The methods and process are slightly different, but you still need to do some basic research on companies, compare prices and services, and make sure you’ve got a good understanding of what’s involved.
Overseas shipping costs, like shipping an SUV in the U.S., are largely dictated by the distance. With international shipments, there’s also the added costs of import taxes and registration fees.
SUV Shipping Prices & Transport Services
When you hire an auto transport company to ship your SUV, they should provide thorough answers to your questions and handle the full process from point to point. Insurance is included the price you pay and, if needed, you can also book temporary storage if necessary.
To give you a more precise idea of the cost of shipping an SUV between two points in the U.S., here are some recent prices we’ve quoted customers. We encourage readers to contact us if you’d like a current cost estimate to consider that is tailored to your specific request.
SUV Shipping Prices
- Chicago, IL to San Diego, CA – $1,115
- Dallas, TX to Seattle, WA – $1,124
- Las Vegas, NV to Atlanta, GA – $947
- Indianapolis, IN to Denver, CO – $770
- Nashville, TX to Portland, OR – $1,203
- Minneapolis, MN to Jacksonville, FL – $809
- Pittsburgh, PA to Salt Lake City, UT – $1,075
- Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA – $1,481
Contact us today if you’re considering an SUV, anywhere in the U.S. or internationally! We offer FREE ESTIMATES to all interested parties and tailor our services to your exact needs! Call us at the number at the top of the page or send us an email with your questions!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?